Regular Contributor
SE7EN57

Elan Financial Secured to Unsecured

Ok so here is the deal. Exactly one year ago this month I got approved for my $300 Fulton secured card through Elan Fincancial. Friday I called to unsecure and I got an alert they pulled TU same day. Today I recieved a letter in the mail that I qualified to be unsecured. When I called the number on the letter they sent to ask about the limit they told me  it would be the same as on my secured and that I'd recieve the $300 back.

I asked the underwriter for a bigger credit limit and she said I'd have to use the card a few months first **bleep**? I just spent a whole year with a $300 limit. My discover It card is $1500 and my Walmart  Discover is $800. Now my question to you all is do I even bother keeping this card at all since it seems they don't really want my business and close it or do I keep it and maybe try to recon again when I get the card in the mail. This is my oldest account. I'm thinking of closing the Capital One card I have to that is only $300 but will go up to $500 after 7th statement.

photo d132202e-50dc-4d73-9df2-1f138f451209_zps8ca7acb4.jpg
Regular Contributor
SE7EN57

Re: Elan Financial Secured to Unsecured

OK so after talking to the underwriter a few days ago she insisted that I needed to use the card for atleast 6 months after being unsecured before they would consider giving me a CLI so I told her close the account that I couldn't even rent a nice hotel room for a couple days and eat a nice dinner for me and the girlfriend with a measly $300.

After saying that the phone went silent for a brief moment and she said she would see what she could do and asked me how much I wanted so I told her $1000 would be reasonable being my Discover is $1500 and my Walmart Discover is $800. Today I called back and they approved the $1000 and it will reflect on my next statement.

Just thought I'd update just incase anyone was interested. They did a soft pull but I'm guessing that is because they did a hard pull on my TU when they unsecured me....

Valued Member
civilitermortuse

If I were you I would use the EO to get your Cap1 cards increased after the 7th statement!

Regular Contributor
SE7EN57

civilitermortuse wrote:

If I were you I would use the EO to get your Cap1 cards increased after the 7th statement!

To late I already closed it after pleading with them to remove the AF. I've got all the card I need for now. Going to garden these for atleast a year then app for Amex and CSP.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+