cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FingerHut Credit Card

tag
marshagl

Re: FingerHut Credit Card

I disagree. That FAQ statement still does not clearly state that the history of the previous account would disappear. I was taken by surprise when I was notified by myfico of a new account effective April 2022. I'm closing on a mortgage in June and definitely do not need a new account showing up now, especially after the stress and hypervigilence over my credit scores during the 6 months of the home's construction. I called a well and was unable to get a clear answer due to difficult communication issues between the representative and myself. I was so frustrated that I didn't call back and try again with another rep right away. I think we all need to write to the FTC regarding this matter. They should not be able to even temporarily or slightly damage our credit profiles in this way. This is injurious to us, and to some more than others. The "new" account is there and I haven't been able to tell if it is directly related to a shift for me or not, but as I said, I am hypervigilant about my credit as I'm about to close on my dream home and I don't want ANYTHING left up to chance to put even a ding in my plans. I hardly use this account which I've had for over 5 years, and I appreciate them giving me a line when I needed one, but the ONLY reason I didn't close it is because of the account's age and good reporting history. 

Message 61 of 71
marshagl

Exactly!

Message 62 of 71
marshagl

Re: WOW! Fingerhut Just Screwed A Lot Of People

I'm within 45 days of closing on a mortgage. My mortgage scores just did meet 630 for CONV, though my other score models are in the 700s. This is after nearly 2 years of building my credit scores from the 500s and taking major hits because of student loans that had gotten behind. Anyway, I've worked REALLY hard to get my scores where they are and to have an amount that is almost 6 years old do this at this very critical time for me is bogus. I tried reaching out but trying to communicate with the rep wasn't helpful. I'm planning to reach out to the FTC regarding consumer's rights in this case. This seems right up their alley. I encourage others to make a stink and do the same a well. 

Message 63 of 71
marshagl

And THAT is the difference and is the main reason why we're all so upset. They NEVER said it would reflect all new information, only that our CURRENT accounts would be transitioned to the Fetti account. Nowhere in that statement does it tell us that they would go about this as they did and leave our valuable account histories out.

Message 64 of 71
marshagl

I plan to reach out to the FTC about it. 

Message 65 of 71
marshagl

Nope, nothing sent ever stated that they'd be moving the accounts without history attached, only that they were partnering up with a new financing partner and that there was nothing we needed to do. 

Message 66 of 71
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

I have all the original emails, and the one i received in the mail, none of which said anything about a new trade line, or that prior history would be removed. All it said was new account number. I've had other transitions in the past, and none of them were treated like this. I'm working on a letter to send to all 3 CBs and to fingerhut. If the new account is not removed, i'm going to contact an attorney. I'll gladly pay a couple hundred bucks just on principle. Don't f**k with people's credit, period.

Do I want to go as far to say that the majority of fingerhut credit holders are in the lower credit tiers, so they don't give a crap about these things, and were planning on nobody making a big deal about it?

Message 67 of 71
marshagl

I would dare say that you're right on target with that analysis. Fingerhut is a great rebuilder charge account, but the key word is "rebuilder". Most cardholders, like myself, don't even use the account because of its exorbitant prices. It's a shame that they'd do this. I'm one of those that don't need the card but I don't appreciate losing a single point over it.

Message 68 of 71
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@Borealis Well, I have called them twice.  This afternoon I called to talk to them about this issue and I’m not sure that the CSR fully understood.  I explained everything to her a few times and she told me that she was sending me out a letter in the mail so that I could send it to the credit bureaus to explain this.  She said it would take 10 days to get to me which is fine.

But then later in the conversation, she said the letter would explain to the credit bureaus that Fingerhut changed the account numbers and that’s why this happened.  I explained to her that I had shut down my account in early March and I asked them not to open a new account but that the new Fetti account had hit all 3 of my credit reports, much to my dismay.  She said not to worry, that this letter would straighten the issue out.

The phone call sounded like it was really far away, and the connection could have been much better.  I’m not really all that convinced that this letter is going to solve anything.  It will probably just explain what Fingerhut did and the unfortunate outcome that we all know.  I don’t need to explain that to the credit bureaus as I want something that will help me delete the account on all 3 and get the credit bureaus to delete them.  I will wait to see what comes in the mail and go from there. 

I’ll update again later as to what I received in the mail and the outcome.  Hopefully, in the meantime, some MF’ers will post that they are having good luck with this dirty dilemma.

Message 69 of 71
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

I noticed this morning in credit karma included in my closed accounts was 2 accounts for fingerhut. account number one is web bank fingerhut closed april 12th 2022 with all my positive history going back to 2020, the second account is fingerhut fetti showing one month of positive history closed on april 20th 2022. its not so bad since fingerhut added that former account with the positive history

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.