Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Credit Card

tag
leogirl88
Valued Member

First Credit Card

I am asking this question for my boyfriend.. He is looking for a good first card.. since it is his first card his credit is not great but ok.. last time it was pulled was in july and was 650.. he has a car in his name pays on time.. and also AU on two of my credit cards. However he does have a bank of america charge off account thawt was in collections.. one bank of america and one capital one.. WOuld he have better luck getting a card from Capital One since he is an AU on one of the cards.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
VaneZ87

Re: First Credit Card

Hello there. Hm.. well your boyfriend's credit score isn't too low considering the charge off's. Another plus is that he has an auto loan. I suppose, adding a credit card or two would show a healthy mix of credit. Considering his charge off's, I'd steer clear from Cap1 and Boa; they tend to have a very good memory when it comes to negatives. I would try applying for a credit card with HSBC, they tend to be a good company to work with in regards to rebuilding credit. Here's the preapproval website for their Best Buy (Hsbc) RewardZone Mastercard:

https://www.hsbcapply.com/start/rewardzonemastercard?media=B5IM29H20061100001EM 

The best advice I can give for him is just don't accumulate inquiries(they'll be there for two years), always pay on time, and keep a good eye on utilization. Good luck!   

Message Edited by VaneZ87 on 01-03-2010 10:13 AM
06/27/2010- TU: 723 EQ: 693 - hard work does pay off =)
03/27/10- TU: 706 EQ: 658
01/22/10- EX PLUS- 702 TU- 662
01/20/10- EQ- 651
Started - TU- 650, EQ- 634, EX-634
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.