cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier (Insert multiple explitives here)

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier (Insert multiple explitives here)

I think this puts them in violation of the TILA Regulation Z 226.10, and could subject them to civil penalties from $100-$1000. I wonder if you could use that regulation to your advantage.
Message 11 of 14
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:
Chill, buddy. No need to get pissed off over nothing. I misinterpreted and thought you did a BT onto this card to within $25 of the limit.
Thanks for your amazing attitude. You could calmly state your situation, without coming off as a...

Message Edited by thrasher865 on 06-04-2008 12:14 PM

Sorry for coming off as an a$$, but you can see how your post came off as preachy and not much help. Like many others here, the reason I'm here is because I was once terribly irresponsible with my finances. Now, having been on the road to greener pastures for some time, it's insulting when someone suggests otherwise and frankly, just not very helpful. I am usually a sarcastic person, but mostly I was just in a bad mood from my dealings with the First Premier CSR so that overflowed. Sorry about that.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Cool, I appreciate some civility and I'm sorry for posting without any helpful info.  You have to understand that due to the economy and where I work, I don't have a lot going on right now Smiley Very Happy  So sometimes I wind up trolling forums out of boredom.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

@erchambers wrote:
I think this puts them in violation of the TILA Regulation Z 226.10, and could subject them to civil penalties from $100-$1000. I wonder if you could use that regulation to your advantage.

§ 226.10 Prompt crediting of payments.

(a) General rule. A creditor shall credit a payment to the consumer's account as of the date of receipt, except when a delay in crediting does not result in a finance or other charge or except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section.
(b) Specific requirements for payments. If a creditor specifies, on or with the periodic statement, requirements for the consumer to follow in making payments, but accepts a payment that does not conform to the requirements, the creditor shall credit the payment within 5 days of receipt.
(c) Adjustment of account. If a creditor fails to credit a payment, as required by paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, in time to avoid the imposition of finance or other charges, the creditor shall adjust the consumer's account so that the charges imposed are credited to the consumer's account during the next billing cycle.

[Codified to 12 C.F.R. § 226.10]

Hmm good idea, I think I will send them a strongly worded letter highlighting this code. Thanks for finding that!

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.