Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund checking account with credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fund checking account with credit card?

Is their a bank around that will allow me to open a checking account and fund it with a Synchrony credit card WITHOUT incurring a cash advance fee? I would prefer a bank that will allow at least $2,000 or $1,000 minimum. Trying to move 3 of my card balances to 1 card which has a lower interest rate.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fund checking account with credit card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is their a bank around that will allow me to open a checking account and fund it with a Synchrony credit card WITHOUT incurring a cash advance fee? I would prefer a bank that will allow at least $2,000 or $1,000 minimum. Trying to move 3 of my card balances to 1 card which has a lower interest rate.

There are some banks that allow funding with a CC but most have limits below the amounts you are seeking.  Might want to read the linked article.  An issue you will have is finding out if a Synchrony card will code as a cash advance as very few people would ever use one of their cards to do so.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-funding-a-bank-account-with-a-credit-card-count-as-a-purchase-or-cash-advance/

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What are the 4 cards, limits, balances, and interest rates?  I have heard of many folks using PNC bank to do a checking and savings for around 4k of total CC funding, but like above, it depends on if it will code as a cash advance.

Do you have a capital one card?  They have no BT fees and are good for a debt shuffle.

Message 3 of 5
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Wow I like how citi was 100k till Feb.... Would've come in handy when I opened my Citigold
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
Wow I like how citi was 100k till Feb.... Would've come in handy when I opened my Citigold

CitiGold funding was why Citi stopped allowing credit card funding of accounts. A lot of people did exactly that when they had the 50K miles or TYP for opening CitiGold 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.