Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny CSR story

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Funny CSR story

Well I have heard it all.

I asked a bank ( no names mentioned) today for a CLI for the heck of it, if and only if, they post a soft pull to my file.  The rep told me that he would give me the number ot the credit reporting agency, and I could discuss with them how to apply the pull on my file. 

Yup, I am going to fight with the CRAs on posting of inquiries! haha.  Made me laugh. 

He stated they can not control the way the CRAs post the pulls.  I think I will hold off until I am done garden in case of a mistake HP.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Funny CSR story

It's certainly funny to those of us with some education in the matter. Although in the poor CSR's favor he probably believed what he said was true and was trying to help the customer. The way credit report requests are done and what ends up as a "hard" or "soft" is still somewhat of a mystery even on these forums. I don't believe that the front line CSR's at any of the companies have a decision making capability in that respect (i.e if I put in the request this way it is a hard inquiry - if I put in the request this way it is a soft inquiry). The best any of us can really do is go by prior experience of forum members and even then as is so often said YMMV.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 5
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I agree with you.  the CSR was very nice.  I just found it so funny when he offered to give me the CRAs number to discuss.

I guess the true lesson hear is if you can afford the HP best not ask.

Message 3 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Sounds like Crap1...lol

Although I have been having terrible luck with AMEX customer service lately.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 5
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

My last call with AMEX was a little off myself.

I think the issue is when you press 0 for general question you get sent into no mans land of CSR.  if I have a specific question, and can push a listed option I seem to due better.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.