Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Care Credit Question

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

GE Care Credit Question

i so i app'd for care credit because my DW needed some dental work done that wasn't going to be covered through military dental plan. the cost went over the allotted amount. So we put in for $2500 and instantly approved. At what point would you suggest I ask for a CLI? I know it will be a HP through TU but I'm ok with that because I only have 2. oh and I just opened the acct so I want to make a couple of payments and look to around April time to ask. How much should I ask for??

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Care Credit Question

Are your TU scores above 640? That's about what I had...although I do have some nicely seasoned tradelines not listed here as an AU. About 37% Util. I asked for 5k, was given it instantly. Called the CareCredit backdoor number (PM me if you need it...but do a google search first) and told her I decided not to put as much cash down and take advantage of their fantastic 0% and she asked what I wanted, I said 10K, she replied instantly "We can do 7K" and I said "That works" and end of call. That simply. Only had the approval 12 hours.

Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Care Credit Question

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

i so i app'd for care credit because my DW needed some dental work done that wasn't going to be covered through military dental plan. the cost went over the allotted amount. So we put in for $2500 and instantly approved. At what point would you suggest I ask for a CLI? I know it will be a HP through TU but I'm ok with that because I only have 2. oh and I just opened the acct so I want to make a couple of payments and look to around April time to ask. How much should I ask for??

AFAIK, ask right away to see if the account would be elegible for more (within 24 hours of approval).  This should be SP if done within that timeframe. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.