Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - February 2017

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Garden Club Thread - February 2017

Thanks Blue Poodle and TcbofadeSmiley Happy. Where would we be without our BeautifulBlackPearlSmiley Happy. With some sound advice from a forum friend, i think i will try to get my Navy membership accomplished now while its still early 2017, so with that ill be popping out of the garden to see if my legs are seaworthy and let everyone know how that journey turns out.

Great weekend everyoneSmiley Happy
Message 91 of 383
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Just checking in....still gardening. Nothing new will probably come up for me until late summer or fall when we apply for another mortgage. Happy Gardening!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 92 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for February. Everything is locked and ready to ride out the year with no apps. Want to get under the chase 5/24 rule so I can hit the next big offering, or the CSR when it comes time. 

Message 93 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thanks Blue Poodle and TcbofadeSmiley Happy. Where would we be without our BeautifulBlackPearlSmiley Happy. With some sound advice from a forum friend, i think i will try to get my Navy membership accomplished now while its still early 2017, so with that ill be popping out of the garden to see if my legs are seaworthy and let everyone know how that journey turns out.

Good luck  AJC on the Navy Federal thing.  I joined that last year. My credit goals for  2017 include seeing if I can qualify for some products with them and Penfed in December.  I would like to be able to replace my two Barclays cards with CU products.

Message 94 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EdMan63 wrote:

Happy Feb everyone. I'm happy and a bit upset this morning. Happy my EX went up 17 pts this morning but mad that ADT did a double pull on my EQ yesterday for a security system for our home. I have a fraud alert so the first time didn't go through while I'm on the phone with the guy. He say let me talk with my Mgr and have you verify your info. Comes back and says congrats. Got an alert from EQ this morn and 2 pulls. Not off to a good start with them.  Any suggestions?

Hi Edman. I'm sorry that happened to you. ADT is horrible. My husband called them in November and asked a sales rep for pricing info. He did not give them his SSN or even the last four, did not give them permission to pull credit, and did not in any way indicate he was going to make a purchase. You guessed it, they did a HP on EQ. He called to have them remove it because they have no "permissable purpose," they said they would, and it's still there. He is going to have to do a dispute through EQ. I will never, ever consider using their services, ever. If you look up reviews on them, you'll see many stories of this sort of thing. Check out SimpliSafe, that is who we will be going with. 

Let me know what you think about Simplisafe. They were running a promo for a bundle deal last month. Did you happen to see it?

Will do, BBP! We haven't made the purchase yet. I saw that package deal, and that was the one I almost pulled the trigger on. I also compared building a package from scratch with a promo code for 10% off, and that actually looks like it will give me exactly what we need, but without components that I don't necessarily need. Smiley Happy

Okay. I'll have to check it out. 

Message 95 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I havent seen the Simplisafe prom but they do have good reviews.   I chose Frontpoint because everyone said the customer service was good.  I have to agree as I got a real person to call me about the issue and he followed up a couple of days later - just like he said he would - weird, huh?  Smiley Happy

Thanks for the heads up!Smiley Happy I'll check out Frontpoint too.

Message 96 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AvgJoeSmiley Happy! I'm just trying to do my part and help folks stay positive when they get discouraged.

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Like Bella says, "GARDEN STRONG!"

Message 97 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AvgJoeSmiley Happy! I'm just trying to do my part and help folks stay positive when they get discouraged.

I stole that from somebody... Smiley Very Happy

Message 98 of 383
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I stole that from somebody... Smiley Very Happy

Uh, oh!Smiley Embarassed Who should I be giving the credit too, Bella?

Message 99 of 383
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lots of luck to you KayKay with Penfed. Youll get them , replace Sir Barclays and then we can celebrate with some nice coffee lol!

Thanks BBP, and Bella i think my saying was GARDEN HARD, LOLSmiley Wink Garden strong is cool haha but in not bringing no roids to the garden, only positivity Smiley Wink
Message 100 of 383
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.