Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help AE CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help AE CC

They got me again! 

American Eagle offered 15% off when I apply for a card and I needed some jeans. Hindsight tells me I should not of. 

Anyways I did not get the instant approve because I had a secruity alert on TU/EX. Got a call from GE Retail confirmed some info and told me being considered for AE Store and AE Visa. 

I was approved for $700 CL but she didn't specify which one she just said congratulations you have been approved card will arrive 5-7 business days. 

How do I contact her??

On my Experian report it is already been reported as new account! It has been 1 day lol! But I do know it is being listed as a "Charge Account" and I have Cap1 that says Credit Card

so did I get the **bleep**ty AE Store only?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Help AE CC

I would just call up and ask. Check the backdoor thread for a GE number and give em your info and ask if you got the store or visa card Smiley Tongue 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I got the store card can I tell them I do not want it and remove inquiry? lol or try again for Visa? 

Message 3 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

They definitely won't remove the inquiry. It's not like the inquiry was made in error, you applied for the card for the discount. You can of course close the account, but that seems like a little bit of a waste. Also, afaik, GECRB is not very good with recons. Remember though, it is a GE card, which means it will grow with you, and maybe even get upgraded to the visa version after a year or two. 

Message 4 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

If I may I would like to ask a question. Since there is a security freeze on your report(S) how did they verify your info? I know someone with the freezes on all 3 and she cant get no credit because of that. Any and all info will be helpfully. Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

At first it is basics, SSN. DoB. Full name. confirm address. 

Then the questions become similar to the bureau's security questions like

Person owns property or lives in the following city

A.

B

C

D

None of the above

Which of the following cities are you associated with

A

B

C

D

None of the above 

and so on and so forth all are multiple choice if you are the person you claim to be you should answer them correctly unless you have discrepancies on your credit report which might be the case for your friend. If so I recommend purchasing your credit reports for all three and check them carefully.

Message 6 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. She has all 3. At this point I sure its safe to say no one was interested in extending her credit which may be the reason she hasnt got a call

Message 7 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

you cant just call and have it removed. 

you apped your stuck with it. 

ge grows really well with you and can get a soft pull cli every four months. (what i plan on doing with ae and walmart.)

if you shop alot at ae its still a good card to show you can pay on time or pif if you wanted. 

i got 400 on ae in july but got a citizens Bank mastercard for 2k limit in august. so anything can happen. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 8 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

With a $700 CL, the likelihood is that you got the store card; though the Visa is possible. You could call their 800# and ask or just wait to get it in the mail.

GE is notoriously fast at reporting new accts. It's like the speed of light!

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 11
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

If your GE account number starts with a 4, then it is likely you have Visa. Otherwise store card.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.