cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Volume & High Limit - Need a new card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High Volume & High Limit - Need a new card...

First post here. Little background, my credit score is right at 800, and I spend... ALOT.

I currently have a Capital One Cash Rewards card that is for my bills, $7500 limit that sees about $2000 a month in purchases. Im not too worried about this one...

My BOA has a $18,500 limit. I've been a member for 10 years. I purchase >100k a year on this card. Year to date this year, I am at 46k. I use this card for large personal expenses and some business expenses (I get reimbursed or they are for my self-employed business). I am constantly having to keep an eye on the card and make several smaller payments throughout the month instead of almost maxing the card or showing a bill with 90% utilization. I love the cash rewards, but I am tired of dealing with constant payments and monitoring.

I need a card that has a large limit, prefer something at 50k plus limit. I've always tried to keep a good eye on my credit but I am not that knowledgeable on cards or options. So I am turning to everyone here for opinions...

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: High Volume & High Limit - Need a new card...

@Anonymous wrote:

First post here. Little background, my credit score is right at 800, and I spend... ALOT.

I currently have a Capital One Cash Rewards card that is for my bills, $7500 limit that sees about $2000 a month in purchases. Im not too worried about this one...

My BOA has a $18,500 limit. I've been a member for 10 years. I purchase >100k a year on this card. Year to date this year, I am at 46k. I use this card for large personal expenses and some business expenses (I get reimbursed or they are for my self-employed business). I am constantly having to keep an eye on the card and make several smaller payments throughout the month instead of almost maxing the card or showing a bill with 90% utilization. I love the cash rewards, but I am tired of dealing with constant payments and monitoring.

I need a card that has a large limit, prefer something at 50k plus limit. I've always tried to keep a good eye on my credit but I am not that knowledgeable on cards or options. So I am turning to everyone here for opinions...

Venture.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I dont travel... From my quick looking the Venture or Venture One is for travel, no cash rewards...

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But I dont travel...

Redeem for gift cards.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Start with Bank of America if you are happy with the card and rewards structure.  I haven banked with them since early 80's and have three cards with them.  Two have limits well above 50k.  If you are looking for better rewards/status give us more info as to what categories you spend the most on and members here will help you decide on the best car 

Message 5 of 26
noobody
Established Contributor

Amex charge
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 26
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Why not an AMEX....all kinds of options there!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 7 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do you like your BofA Card? Why not go through underwriting and ask for $50k on that card.

With the kind of spend you are putting through you can probably at least double it if not more.... 

If they won't give you that high or close to it then it means you need some more credit with limits that high so they will give more too.

High credit limits, get you high/or higher credit limits with other cards in the future! (almost always)

If $18k is your highest, you will have more trouble probably depsite your spending but I would think still would go through.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am fine with my BOA card. I know the rewards arent the best, but they work for me and I like having a >10 year history with a company...

I'm open to AMEX. I just dont know really where to start with them and which cards...

As far as spending... 75% of it is merchandise and products. ALOT of electronics or sporting goods equipment.

Message 9 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am fine with my BOA card. I know the rewards arent the best, but they work for me and I like having a >10 year history with a company...

I'm open to AMEX. I just dont know really where to start with them and which cards...

As far as spending... 75% of it is merchandise and products. ALOT of electronics or sporting goods equipment.

American Express Business PLUM CHARGE!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.