cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home depot / soft pulls

tag
herkemeyer

Home depot / soft pulls

Does anyone else have a Home Depot card where Citi pulls a soft every other day?

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kittygal
New Contributor

Re: Home depot / soft pulls

Hi --

I've had a Citi Home Depot account for many years.  Never carried a balance except when paying a 0% interest account to be paid over 12 months.  Have not had any soft inquiries at all during this time.  Are any of your other cards carrying balances that might make Citi a bit queasy?  If not, softs have no bearing on the configuration of your credit score and are not available to anyone looking at your credit report for whatever reason.  They remain visible to you only.   I would not be concerned unless you are carrying balances on other accounts that may make you vulnerable to a CLD from Citi.

Starting Score: 696
Current Score: TU 731 7/30/10 EQ 789 8/23/10
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 4
Achase
Regular Contributor

i have a sers gold mastercard and citi softs my equifax every other day for the last year

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Message 3 of 4
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Citi for my Thank You card and Home Depot card softs me once a month since I can remember...

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.