Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope for anyone looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Hope for anyone looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred

I was approved this morning for a 5k limit. I had a 17k repo fall off my Ex report yesterday. All my reports have 0 degros now. I recently opened 6 new acccounts within the last 3-4 months and had 47% util at the time of app for the preferred card. I honestly thought the recent accts would raise a flag but it didnt. She just asked why I had 47% utli and I explained it to her then it was a instant approval. She never said anything about the new accounts. I also didnt have a 5k limit on any card prior to this app. Dont know my exact scores but do know I am 700 something across the board.

Good luck to anyone looking to apply for this card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

Re: Hope for anyone looking to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred

congrats   this one is on my list for novembers app spree

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 2 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Thanks and good luck

Message 3 of 9
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

I was approved this morning for a 5k limit. I had a 17k repo fall off my Ex report yesterday. All my reports have 0 degros now. I recently opened 6 new acccounts within the last 3-4 months and had 47% util at the time of app for the preferred card. I honestly thought the recent accts would raise a flag but it didnt. She just asked why I had 47% utli and I explained it to her then it was a instant approval. She never said anything about the new accounts. I also didnt have a 5k limit on any card prior to this app. Dont know my exact scores but do know I am 700 something across the board.

Good luck to anyone looking to apply for this card.

Wooo HOOOO!  Congrats on the approval!  That's wonderful that CSP is your first $5K card!

Message 5 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Yes and I cant wait to get it in my hands. Forgot to mention they are overnighting the card as well. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

Message 6 of 9
lsdiamond
Established Member

I was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred CL 5k on Saturday. Although I had to call the backdoor number because I had too many inquiries but they went ahead reconsidered and approved it. They pulled from Experian 714 with only 4 months past credit card history established. I was so excited..go ahead apply doesn't hurt to try.

Message 7 of 9
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@lsdiamond wrote:

I was approved for the Chase Sapphire Preferred CL 5k on Saturday. Although I had to call the backdoor number because I had too many inquiries but they went ahead reconsidered and approved it. They pulled from Experian 714 with only 4 months past credit card history established. I was so excited..go ahead apply doesn't hurt to try.

Just out of curiosity, how many inquiries did you have?

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 8 of 9
distantarray
Established Contributor

700 something across the board with 47% debt/credit ratio is pretty amazing Smiley Happy I'm wondering what your paid off scores would be at 1-2%

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.