Contributor
jonmartin

Re: How does PIF weekly affect my chances in getting Auto-CLI?

I agree with above 

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature $5,000
NFCU NavCheck LOC $10,000
Chase INK Cash $5,000
Chase Freedom $1,500
Bank of America Cash reward 123 $5,000
Barclays Arrival World MC $3,000
Contributor
Pworld

Re: How does PIF weekly affect my chances in getting Auto-CLI?

Revelate wrote:

Pworld wrote:

But, what if.....

You have a limit from $500-1500 and need to pay a few times a month due to heavy activity?

I do this weekly on my $500 limit chase freedom, which i use the most because of the %5 and 1% opposed to a higer limit discover i have with %5 and .025%. I hope that they see quickly that i need more of a limit and run a lot of consistent activity through it. 

In this case, fully using one's limit and paying it multiple times a month is a good strategy for getting a CLI on the individual card or lender (in this case Chase).  Other lenders may not see that though for their underwriting criteria; however, Chase in this scenario will have upsides in increasing your limit and you have a reasonable request in raising it too with  your heavy utilization.

If this is the card / lender you wish to grow a relationship with, this strategy is nothing but goodness in my opinion... it's a completely different scenario though than using the weekly payment to never let your card go above 10% utilization.  Personally I would still let one of those near max limits report so other lenders can see that at least you're using the $500 CL, and it's a discussion point for higher limits from them on other approvals if you can explain your spending habits during a recon / manual review.

Edit: it's not all about scores :smileyhappy:.  Spend is a non-trivial factor in obtaining CL's from many lenders.

Great Reply!! thank you. I am trying to get higher limits at this point, not so much more cards. And even using up the $500 and paying down a few times a month, my util isnt going to skyrocket because i have 2500 of total credit i really never use, and if i do its PIF

2/2011=EQ: 590
11/2012=EQ: 683 (after 4 card app spree and reporting)
10/2013=EQ: 708 (reached my goal!! for 2013) EX(amex): 668 TU(Disc):680
Goal = 725 by 6/2014
Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/15k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Best Buy/800 | Discover IT/6.4K | Citi HHonors Reserve/3K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preffered/9K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+