Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit card is too many?

tag
92SelfMade
Contributor

Re: How many credit card is too many?

ok nvmd iguess 6 isnt too manyy but u all can have alll of those cards im good i dont want that many i rather have a litlle with high credit lines but thanks for the info appreciate it im going to be gardening once i refi my car

Message 11 of 22
mcf
Contributor

Little secret! The garden rocks! We havin a good menu tonite, pool, tiki torches.. the whole nine.. so hurry and refi and come hang for sure!

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 22
RSCo
Established Contributor

@mcf wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Too many?  That's up to you. 

Between DW and I, we have 43, and she's applying for two more tomorrow.

Don't take on more than YOU are OK with.  Smiley Happy

W H O A!!  Nice.. How do you manage all the due dates?  I have 16 and that's too much.. Smiley Wink

There is a nice site like manilla, maybe you knew that or not just puttin it out there.. food for thought!

nice.. no, had no idea and have never heard of it.. i'm gonna go check it out.. thanks..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 13 of 22
myjourney
Super Contributor

How many credit cards is to many?

When you can't manage them and they start to manage you....that's to many!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 22
mcf
Contributor

i like it alot! it makes it sooo much easier.. lol. some are worried to put all that info out there but not me.. plus it checks due dates etc.. you can set reminders and my thing is i have the android app so i can look at the press of a pin and access all my accts.. even my power bill phone etc.. its amazing. Sorry not promoting etc.. just a personal opinion.. I dont get paid for my opinion haha.. would be nice.

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 22
92SelfMade
Contributor

I use check formerly known as pageonce to keep track

Message 16 of 22
RSCo
Established Contributor

@mcf wrote:

i like it alot! it makes it sooo much easier.. lol. some are worried to put all that info out there but not me.. plus it checks due dates etc.. you can set reminders and my thing is i have the android app so i can look at the press of a pin and access all my accts.. even my power bill phone etc.. its amazing. Sorry not promoting etc.. just a personal opinion.. I dont get paid for my opinion haha.. would be nice.

MANILLA... where have you been all my life.. WOW... Just set it up.. Unreal.. Thanks for the heads up.. Smiley Wink

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 17 of 22
NY_Beauty
Regular Contributor

I have 7 and that's too many. Closing two sub primes soon. I don't "need" any of them and wonder how people manage or need many cards. Seems like an obsession over 10! :-)
Amex Green Amex Gold Delta Rewards Discover IT CU Rewards Visa Closed on my new home 5/2013!

Message 18 of 22
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I have 7 and that's too many. Two carry balances but when they're paid off the herd will be thinned down to three.

They're all good cards, though. Deciding who gets cut will be very difficult. BCP is the only one I'm 100% on keeping.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Too many?  That's up to you. 

Between DW and I, we have 43, and she's applying for two more tomorrow.

Don't take on more than YOU are OK with.  Smiley Happy

W H O A!!  Nice.. How do you manage all the due dates?  I have 16 and that's too much.. Smiley Wink

I use an excel spreadsheet that I update weekly.

Its fairly simple, and just requires a little effort.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.