cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How serious is Chase about 6 months not denied ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How serious is Chase about 6 months not denied ?

I recently got approved for a TJX MC and an amazon visa.  I called in because I really didn't want to keep the amazon card and was wondering if I could consolidate or product change to the freedom (the card is only 400 CL).  They said that I should just apply for the freedom as well.  I asked if this was going to be a problem, and the said not at all.  So I applied, called in and was told that I had just opened 2 other accounts and to try in 6 months.  I was pretty mad.This all took place in late december.  I've waited until the app status said I had no apps in the last 30 days.  So now I am wondering if I could apply for the card I really wanted without getting shot down again.  Are they going to give me the same 6 months excuse ? 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: How serious is Chase about 6 months not denied ?

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently got approved for a TJX MC and an amazon visa.  I called in because I really didn't want to keep the amazon card and was wondering if I could consolidate or product change to the freedom (the card is only 400 CL).  They said that I should just apply for the freedom as well.  I asked if this was going to be a problem, and the said not at all.  So I applied, called in and was told that I had just opened 2 other accounts and to try in 6 months.  I was pretty mad.This all took place in late december.  I've waited until the app status said I had no apps in the last 30 days.  So now I am wondering if I could apply for the card I really wanted without getting shot down again.  Are they going to give me the same 6 months excuse ? 
if they stated the requirement of at least 6 mos. you probably have to wait at least that long for successful reapp.
in the meantime you may be able to PC after the new regs kick in. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.