cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to be part of the 5 digit CL club?

tag
lenz99
New Contributor

Re: How to be part of the 5 digit CL club?

Income is also very important for high CL.

Message 11 of 17
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

+1 lenz
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 12 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@lenz99 wrote:

Income is also very important for high CL.

have to disagree as i only make around 40k

Message 13 of 17
YahComb
Established Contributor

if by high lenz means like 25K or 30K and up  sure, having an above average income means a whole lot. but just breaking into the 5 digits (10K) very achievable with under 50K income.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 14 of 17
lenz99
New Contributor

Some CU/small bank may give insanely high CL(duck card ) but generally speaking, for initial approval, I think it should be about $50K income for $10k CL from a prime/conservative lender. That said, 10K is not really alot.

In OP's case with 10 years of history and clean report, and still on the 5K limit, Income is the only issue I can think of. Otherwise, go ahead and just ask for higher limit, especially on citi and cap1 since they do SP for online CLI request.

Message 15 of 17
saving_grace16
New Contributor

Re: How to be part of the 5 digit CL club? - Update!

Just wanted to update everyone - I finally hit the 5 digit CL club tonight!  Applied for the AmEx BCP and was instantly approved for 10k CL!  While I have seen other posts saying you can ask for up to 3x the original limit after 61 days - unsure if starting this hight would result in 3x?  

Either way, I am PUMPED about this new card and so excited about its benefits! Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 17
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Re: How to be part of the 5 digit CL club? - Update!

Very nice addition!  Congratulations.

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.