cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love shop discover!

Contributor

Re: I love shop discover!

Sure do, and a lot of the time they are running 5-15% back in Sears points, and yes, they do stack with shopdiscover,giftcards.  In fact that TV qualified for 15% back in sears points, making it over 35% off, but I didn't count that because you actually have to make another purchase to use sears points.  But another interesting fact, I redeemed $100 in Sears points for a pair of shoes, went thru the shopdiscover portal to sign in and make transaction, paid no money, credit or gift card, and got 5% discover cash back on a Sears Points Redemption!

CHASE FREEDOM 30K; CITI PREMIER 12.9K; CITIAA 8.2K; DISCOVER 16.5K; BOFA 35K; CABELA 10K; ARRIVAL 22.5K; USAA 3K; CSP 20K; PenFed 5K
Established Contributor

Wow, nice valuable info.  I shall pay more attention to shop discover before buying elsewhere

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Valued Contributor

cottontop wrote:

FYI on Sears purchases, its 10% + regular 1% thru tomorrow.  Also, a nice trick on Sears is to go on the gift card resell sites and buy Sears, Kmart or Lands End (they all the same company) gift cards at close to a 10% discount (pay for gift cards with a 2% cashback card to make it 12% xtra).  Then pay thru the shopdiscover portal with the gift cards.  You still get the full cash back.  Have done it several times, but always leave a little $5-$25 balance to charge to the discover after applying the gift cards.  Ordered a TV today, that added up to 23% off.  You will get an email from discover about 8pm Central Time on the 2nd day after purchase confirming additional cash back earned.

Wait i thought on Shopdiscover you need to charge a full amount on your credit card to be able to get a full cash back.

Example you buy $200 gift card elsewhere then go through SHOPDISCOVER buy a TV for $600. Then you only get 10% cash back from 600-200= 400 (10%) from there right ?? Am i missing something guys ??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Contributor

On Sears, for some reason, they pay discover cashback on the full amount, even if its rewards points, gift cards, or a completely different credit card, ie Chase. I haven't tried such methods for discover cash back on other retailers, but for Sears, it works.

CHASE FREEDOM 30K; CITI PREMIER 12.9K; CITIAA 8.2K; DISCOVER 16.5K; BOFA 35K; CABELA 10K; ARRIVAL 22.5K; USAA 3K; CSP 20K; PenFed 5K
Valued Contributor

cottontop wrote:
On Sears, for some reason, they pay discover cashback on the full amount, even if its rewards points, gift cards, or a completely different credit card, ie Chase. I haven't tried such methods for discover cash back on other retailers, but for Sears, it works.

Really ???woowww it's a lot of cash back you earned there.......one thing i know Sears taking Discover payment.....they probably partner to doing such thing.......i guess i gotta move all my shopping to sears Smiley Very Happy

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Contributor

Google this for more details: FrequentMiler Laboratory

Valued Contributor

I better get on the ball with you guys!! 

I haven't quite looked into all of this but I will now.  Thanks for all of the info!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Valued Contributor

Be careful someone getting to greedy and they going to shut down their CC products ;-(

Contributor

I pretty sure this is a Sears loophole, not discover. Similar experiences reported on UR Mall and other portals. Besides, spending $75 to make $25, just for the heck of it, is stupid

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Lol this reminds me of the time Amex gave me 3-5x pts(cant remember exactly) on the full amount of my apple laptop that I only paid 87$ on my Zync towards. I asked if it was a mistake and they said nope. Lol