Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pledge NOT TO APP for 6 to 12 mos- ALL CAN JOIN

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I pledge NOT TO APP for 6 to 12 mos- ALL CAN JOIN

No, dearie, I am officially out of the credit card application game.  Eight is enough, probably too many.  I read on another card forum where this guy said he had 20 credit cards!  How would one keep up with so many?  Oh well, more power to him but I quit.
Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opted out a month ago so I won't be tempted to apply for any preapproval CC apps in the mail. Good deal! I have all the credit cards I'll ever need, so I'm done. Smiley Happy Well maybe one more next year. I want a charge card w/ Amex soon... Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I can't join this wayward cause.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 23 of 42
HannahB
Established Member

Okay, I'm going to give it a go! I have one CC with a 17k limit, so I think that is enough!! I just got a new car loan as well, and have student loans, so that should be enough to balance, right?? I have decent credit, but I want better! I will not APP for 6 months! (I might extend it, but I'm taking baby steps!)

Message Edited by HannahB on 09-17-2007 09:14 AM
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok- Here goes.
I pledge not to app for another card or loan for the next 6 mos no matter what.
All can join- and let's hold each other to our pledges. Of course we will be honest if we do app (I am not but this is a group support line like the Sleigh Center).
I promise, I promise.
There. Now I have to hold to my promise.

I'll jump on that bandwagon, immediately!
Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 6 mos. I will apply for only two.  Another Visa and a QVC card.  I currently have two cc's and one auto loan.  Want to get a retail card and since I often use QVC (but pay with debit) I will apply for that one.  But no app's until March and then only those two and I am done.  I want to get a house in two years, if the lenders are still issuing mortgages by then :-) so I am making some TL activity coming from none. 

I will still, in the interim, visit the board  often and live vicariously through all the fresh new apps and approvals of the other members here. Smiley Very Happy
Message 26 of 42
autofly
Contributor

I'm onboard fo-sho.
Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182 wrote:
I opted out a month ago so I won't be tempted to apply for any preapproval CC apps in the mail. Good deal! I have all the credit cards I'll ever need, so I'm done. Smiley Happy Well maybe one more next year. I want a charge card w/ Amex soon... Smiley Happy

I opted out too. For some reason cuz my score was going up- I was flooded w/ subprime cards. Try to wait six mos on the Amex.
Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

netpanther wrote:

jizoe182 wrote:

I opted out too. For some reason cuz my score was going up- I was flooded w/ subprime cards. Try to wait six mos on the Amex.

Ok, this really is the last one. Will be getting the Chase w/ 0 perc. for one year and 3 perc. on bal transfers- I applied for this one BEFORE I signed on this thread- I officially have too many cards now. Will rotate the new 0 percent ones so I know what to keep track of. Next year in Feb I will close the HSBC as it is only 300 limit w/ a 59 ann fee- got it waved this year by much ranting (long story on how this one got activated) and unless they convert to something w/ at least a 5000 limit and no ann fee and low apr it is gone in the toliet in Feb. All my other CL's are decent except for Macy's which is 500 and HSBC.

This is it!!! No more apps for 12 mos!!! However, will seek in a CLI on amex in 90 days.
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got the chase in the mail- I PROMISE NOT TO APP FOR 12 MOS!!!
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.