Did you mean: 

I super mega puffy heart Discover.

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: I super mega puffy heart Discover.

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:
Who needs Amex, right?

Neither you nor I do! You know I am happy with Discover. Their CSR's are really nice, but I do brace for a sales pitch every time I call them.

Glad to see that they upped your CL. I am not going to ask - I am waiting to see when they give me an auto-CLI and for how much.

Now where in the hell is my original Discover Card? Must be around here somewhere...
Message 11 of 17
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Just a quick update:

I decided to order my furniture and thought hmmm..  I'll call Discover and let them know that the online purchase is being made by me.  I thought it would be a good idea to activate the new card design as well.

When I called the rep went over my account, APR, CL, etc.  When she mentioned APR a giant lightbulb went on in my head --- OH HEY, I should ask for a REDUCTION!

So..  my 13.99 APR went down to 1.9 until April 09.  I fall deeper in love with Discover every day. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

SWEET!
Message 13 of 17
score_building
Senior Contributor

SCORE one for WhirledPeasPlease!!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Work it, baby! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats Peas! I know that low CL had been irking you for a while.

My APR is a dismal 18.99. I tried to get them to cut it, but they said it had to be at least 12 months from the account opening. Ah well, I don't carry a balance so I guess it doesn't matter.

I definitely love 5 percent back on gas!

Here we go again...
Message 16 of 17
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

FretlessMayhem wrote:

My APR is a dismal 18.99. I tried to get them to cut it, but they said it had to be at least 12 months from the account opening. Ah well, I don't carry a balance so I guess it doesn't matter.

FretlessMayhem wrote:

They want you to wait 12 months??  EGADS!  I wonder if that's for a perm reduction.  My card was barely 7 mo old when I got the temp APR reduction. 

Of course, I also got a BT offer from Discover today -- 5.99 w/ 10 min/150 max @ 4pct.  Uhhh, sry, that CL is a lil busy at the moment!

Smiley Happy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.