Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I'm crazy!!!!

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I think I'm crazy!!!!

So I really want the CSR, I'm well over the 5/24 rule, and have three Chase cards already. I have Southwest($26K), Disney Premier($20K), Ritz($16.5K). I live in a state that doesn't have any Chase branches so I'm SOL on going to a branch, and I'm not driving hours to get to one. However, I'm going to Florida this weekend and there is a Chase branch about 24 mins from where I'll be staying. So, I'm thinking of taking a Uber to the branch and seeing if I'm pre-approved for the CSR and applying while I'm there in the branch. Does anyone think that this will set off any red-flags with them, or do you think I'll be ok with trying this?
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I'm crazy!!!!

@waynes1982 wrote:
So I really want the CSR, I'm well over the 5/24 rule, and have three Chase cards already. I have Southwest($26K), Disney Premier($20K), Ritz($16.5K). I live in a state that doesn't have any Chase branches so I'm SOL on going to a branch, and I'm not driving hours to get to one. However, I'm going to Florida this weekend and there is a Chase branch about 24 mins from where I'll be staying. So, I'm thinking of taking a Uber to the branch and seeing if I'm pre-approved for the CSR and applying while I'm there in the branch. Does anyone think that this will set off any red-flags with them, or do you think I'll be ok with trying this?

Not sure it will do you any good but wont set off any red flag or hurt you in any way.  Worth the effort.  Check for me while you're at it.

Message 2 of 13
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Not sure it will do you any good but wont set off any red flag or hurt you in any way.  Worth the effort.  Check for me while you're at it.

worst thing that happens is I waste a HP right. You gotta provide me your info haha lol J/K

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

worst thing that happens is I waste a HP right. You gotta provide me your info haha lol J/K

Heh if I thought it would help me I would :-)

Even if declined might not be a waste if a HP as you can probably use same one for one of their cards not under 5/24

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you Chase Private Client?

there's lots of report that those over 5/24 got denied

the best thing to do is apply online? The official link can be found on the chase website. 

Your chase total credit is pretty high but your income might be $200k so I don't know if it's really high or not. 

But anyways, I would recommend applying online first. 

Message 5 of 13
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

Heh if I thought it would help me I would :-)

Even if declined might not be a waste if a HP as you can probably use same one for one of their cards not under 5/24

I was thinking the Hyatt or BA card as I could easily knock out the spending and could use those points for another free trip! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you Chase Private Client?

there's lots of report that those over 5/24 got denied

the best thing to do is apply online? The official link can be found on the chase website. 

Your chase total credit is pretty high but your income might be $200k so I don't know if it's really high or not. 

But anyways, I would recommend applying online first. 

I'm not a CPC so can't go that route. I didn't really want to apply online, I don't mind making a mini trip to the branch, just didn't know if I would be flagged or anything out of the ordinary. Here's what I'm thinking: Get to the branch and say I want to see if I'm pre-approved for the CSR if so apply, if not just leave and go about my day.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Check for me while you're at it.

LOL

Message 8 of 13
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

If you're worried about the red flag, maybe you should call CS ahead of time and let them know that you will be traveling there. They could probably notate your account and if the Chase rep in the branch needs to call in to verify anything they can pull those notations up. That could help..

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see it being a red flag but I do see it being a huge waste of your time lol
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.