Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase Slate worth keeping?

tag
Scott90
Contributor

Re: Is Chase Slate worth keeping?

That's a great point and good to know!  I just sent a secure message so we'll see.  I am sure they will take care of it for me.

Message 11 of 13
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@Odiseous wrote:

@Scott90 wrote:

I got a slate card last year to take advantage of the BT 0% offer but now that everything is paid off i dont see much use for it.  I transferred the credit limit (all but 500) over to my freedom card.  Now what? 

Should i transfer the remaining 500 to my freedom card and close slate or is there some value in keeping the slate card that I am just not seeing? 

Thanks in advance.

I had the same situation. I was contemplating closing it after the year passed, but procrastinated. Seven moinths later (in January), I had a couple of other BT offers expiring and Chase offered me another 0% BT for 12 months (2% BT Fee). At the time, that met, or beat any other BT offers I had at the time..

This^^^^.  If you value balance transfers with good fees and rates, I would keep it.  I've only had the Slate for a short time but I assume they give BT offers periodically even after the initial offer is up.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

IMO it's not worth an AAoA ding unless you plan on BTing something or making an intro APR purchase, but if you have it, it's well worth it to keep the card for the EX score.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.