cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it hard to get approved for a credit card or a store card nowadays?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Is it hard to get approved for a credit card or a store card nowadays?

@Anonymous wrote:
What Bureau does CareCredit pull?

all of my gemb pulls were EQ.  but i have heard it depends on where you live.  i live in texas.

Message 11 of 13
sleekblackroadster
Valued Member

i'm bummed with my credit union. i am starting to think they don't actually update my accounts every month as the last update is from september when my cc utilization was 98%. now that it is paid down i keep waiting for truecredit to show it updated but 2 months have gone by (statement dates are around 20th of the month) and no updates yet.

i'm sure my scores will get a big boost since that is my only card! i'm trying to be patient and app after the util is updated but its hard. i need to stop coming here reading about credit everyday!

just opened 2 new accounts.. Macys Red and BOA 99/500.. util went from 89% to 64% overall but AAoA dropped from 3 to 2 years.
Jan 09 - TU 640 EX 615
Dec 08 - TU 643 EX 622
Message 12 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

@sleekblackroadster wrote:

i'm bummed with my credit union. i am starting to think they don't actually update my accounts every month as the last update is from september when my cc utilization was 98%. now that it is paid down i keep waiting for truecredit to show it updated but 2 months have gone by (statement dates are around 20th of the month) and no updates yet.

i'm sure my scores will get a big boost since that is my only card! i'm trying to be patient and app after the util is updated but its hard. i need to stop coming here reading about credit everyday!

call your credit union & ask them to update.  tell them you are buying a new house & need accurate, up-to-date reports. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.