Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Amazon card good???

tag
credit0011
New Contributor

Re: Is the Amazon card good???

After being denied for the amazon store card how long should i wait to apply again?

Message 31 of 47
credit0011
New Contributor

@credit0011 wrote:

I tried to apply for the amazon store card but recieved the message 7-10 days letter so im guessing i was denied. Should i try again in a year?

I take that back... I called amazon today and they just needed me to verify myself and was approved for 600. I was shocked thank you everyone for your help couldnt have done it without all your information

Message 32 of 47
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@credit0011 wrote:

@credit0011 wrote:

I tried to apply for the amazon store card but recieved the message 7-10 days letter so im guessing i was denied. Should i try again in a year?

I take that back... I called amazon today and they just needed me to verify myself and was approved for 600. I was shocked thank you everyone for your help couldnt have done it without all your information

Good deal.

Message 33 of 47
baller4life
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Message 34 of 47
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I have both the visa and the store card. I think both are good!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 47
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

And one downside is that you cannot PC from it!  I tried several times.

Good info in both posts.  Thanks!  I'm not apping but maybe I will have to put one of the 5% cards on my wish list for later.

If I ever spend over $13k in one year at Amazon someone had better break my hands so I can't type, use my cell phone, etc.  LOL

When I need to spend more than the $13,500 a year at Amazon.com that the Sallie Mae card can cover, I just use my Cash+ card to get even more 5% cash back at Amazon. When that fails to cover it, I just use a second Cash+. Of course, those 3 cards might not cover it for the 4th quarter Xmas shopping, so I usually add in the Chase Freedom and the Discover IT, both of which offered 5% cash back at Amazon from Oct-Dec (Discover was on all online purchases)...

So, basically, with there being SO many choices for getting 5% cash back on Amazon.com purchases, why would we consider the Chase Amazon.com 3% card? Hmm, that might have something to do with why it isn't mentioned all that much on myfico.

Oh, wait. I don't spend more than $750 a month at Amazon, so I don't need those alternatives. Nevermind...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 36 of 47
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@sailor_mercury wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

And one downside is that you cannot PC from it!  I tried several times.

Good info in both posts.  Thanks!  I'm not apping but maybe I will have to put one of the 5% cards on my wish list for later.

If I ever spend over $13k in one year at Amazon someone had better break my hands so I can't type, use my cell phone, etc.  LOL

When I need to spend more than the $13,500 a year at Amazon.com that the Sallie Mae card can cover, I just use my Cash+ card to get even more 5% cash back at Amazon. When that fails to cover it, I just use a second Cash+. Of course, those 3 cards might not cover it for the 4th quarter Xmas shopping, so I usually add in the Chase Freedom and the Discover IT, both of which offered 5% cash back at Amazon from Oct-Dec (Discover was on all online purchases)...

So, basically, with there being SO many choices for getting 5% cash back on Amazon.com purchases, why would we consider the Chase Amazon.com 3% card? Hmm, that might have something to do with why it isn't mentioned all that much on myfico.

Oh, wait. I don't spend more than $750 a month at Amazon, so I don't need those alternatives. Nevermind...

Thats a good point. I am acutally trying to shop less on amazon now cause of the sales tax they charge here in CT (6.35%). I try to shop on ebay more now cause of it. The prices on most things are pretty similar if not better. I tried to get the paypal rewards mastercard but they gave me the smart connect which I really dont like. I personally hate sallie mae cause they wont budge at all with GW for my student loans so I would never get anything with their name on it.  Can anyone get a us bank card or only certain states?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 37 of 47
catladyatty
New Contributor

Congrats on the approval! The Chase Amazon card is great, too - low APR and amazing rewards (3% on Amazon). I don't have the Amazon store card, but I recommend the Chase Amazon card to any Amazon-aholics out there!

Chase Sapphire Preferred $35,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $45,000 | Amex BC Preferred $28,000 | Discover More Cash Rewards $12,000 | Chase Amazon Rewards $8600 | Capital One Quicksilver $2000 | CareCredit $12,000 | Macy's $15,000 | Victoria's Secret $5600 | New York and Company $4000
Message 38 of 47
Smug
Established Contributor

If you want to call it a card.... It's paper
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 39 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@catladyatty wrote:

Congrats on the approval! The Chase Amazon card is great, too - low APR and amazing rewards (3% on Amazon). I don't have the Amazon store card, but I recommend the Chase Amazon card to any Amazon-aholics out there!

Why?  A lot of the above posts detail cards that give 5% on Amazon.

Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.