cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to Increase Credit Limit without Hard Inquiry?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there any way to Increase Credit Limit without Hard Inquiry?

@sdadi9604 wrote:

But one of my friend has 3 Citi Cards(Citi Platinum, Forward & Dividend) but he requests for CLI every 6 months and he said he never found any hard inquiry on his credit report(that means its a soft inquiry and in fact he see the same message when he tries to request CLI).

Has he actually seen the soft pulls from Citi to verify?  It's possible that he isn't looking at a report from the CRA that Citi pulls so he can't just assume that no hards = soft.

Message 11 of 17
sdadi9604

Hello there,

He has recently got all 3 Bureau report(Experian, Equifax & Transunion) and we both went through the report thoroughly but we haven't found any Hard pulls from Citi. The last pull from Citi on Equifax was 1.8 years back not recently.

Message 12 of 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@sdadi9604 wrote:

Hello there,

He has recently got all 3 Bureau report(Experian, Equifax & Transunion) and we both went through the report thoroughly but we haven't found any Hard pulls from Citi. The last pull from Citi on Equifax was 1.8 years back not recently.

I'm sure Citi is softing him (not hard pulling) and he has established history with Citi.  Since you're still pretty new to Citi they are going to want to see how you manage your account and overall credit picture, so it's good that you have decided to garden with it for awhile.

Message 13 of 17
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I contacted Citi Best Buy about this issue, and although I do NOT believe him, this is what he said......"When requesting by phone it is a hard pull, but when using the online request it is a soft pull."

Now that sounds like a bunch of balogna.....

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 14 of 17
sdadi9604

Hi there,

I think you are right. At one point I was thinking the same. Probably I should wait litle while so that they might do the same with me.

Though thanks for reply!

Message 15 of 17
sdadi9604

Hello there,

I know about that. Infact they told me the same. But I hanged up the call and I called them immediately so that I can confirm again with another CSR. But the funny thing is the guy was telling me that It will be always a soft pull via phone as well as via online. I thought let's make a final call and let's see what's they gonna tell this time. So the lady this time she said it will be hard pull every time..it doesn't matter if we request from phone or online.. Not sure to whom I believe. I think they even don't know about this. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice on this topic. For myself, I have had all soft pulls for Citi, Discover, FNB Omaha. As for Chase it is HP and USAA has only been HP and for me BoA has been HP. Truth, your profile with the card issurer and their most current policies makes the question of CL increases a crap shoot. I always call and find out how to increase with only SP's. It has worked for me.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.