cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Got Voicemail From AMEX Executive Office?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Just Got Voicemail From AMEX Executive Office?

I jsut got a message from AMEX Executive Office, but with no explantion in the message. Just said to call back...

I applied for a Amex SimplyCash Biz card a while ago and called the Exectuive Office because AMEX was using an old credit report to base their denial off of...Talked to the lady and she said they would review it. They looked at it again, but then the status went back to "declined", so i figured it was a done deal....

Now i get a call from the Executive Office? What could they be calling about? This is like almost 2 weeks ago they reaffirmed the decline, i believe?

Any ideas what to expect when i call them back?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Got Voicemail From AMEX Executive Office?

They already told you no, so I suppose ther really isn't anything worse they CAN say.  Call and find out... maybe they reconsidered?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

They already told you no, so I suppose ther really isn't anything worse they CAN say.  Call and find out... maybe they reconsidered?

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

haha...well im just paranoid...and have really bad luck...so i figured it was worth asking if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This year amex is sponsoring the Vampire convention. Maybe you got an invitation. Robot tongue

Message 5 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

I got a few random calls lately too....and ive NEVER had random calls two from Oakland, CA on St. Patricks Day and then one from Ukiah, CA at 2:52 in the morning last night....wth? lol

Anyway, i was awoken  to my phone rining at almost 3 in the morning and didnt answer it, then i wake up to another phone call from Florida, but they left a message saying it was AMEX at least...

Just weirdness going on the past day or two so im weirded out haha.

Message 6 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This year amex is sponsoring the Vampire convention. Maybe you got an invitation. Robot tongue

Well i guess that explain the call from the middle of nowhere (Ukiah) at 2:52 in the morning!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch out. Look up the thread over at creditboards, 'amex killed my turtle' or something like that.
Random calls keep me from using the home line much. If it's important they almost always have my cell.
Message 8 of 14
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Watch out. Look up the thread over at creditboards, 'amex killed my turtle' or something like that.
Random calls keep me from using the home line much. If it's important they almost always have my cell.

Oh my... i think im getting a new phone number!

Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

I have the tourettes guy soundboard on my phone and that usually takes care of the telemarketers and unwanted calls

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.