Low Freedom CL - Recommendations?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Low Freedom CL - Recommendations?

Three hard pulls from Chase?
You done lost yo mind! Lol
I think it depends on the timeframe and ego of the Analyst. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 47
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My Amazon card was an instant approval but they pulled both EX and EQ. When I got the a freedom card a couple days later they used the other pulls. No new inquiry on Freedom.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 47
myjourney
Super Contributor

IMHO

App CSP and then ask for CLI on freedom and if you have to at that point move some of CSP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase is or has been pretty consistent on HP's / with CLI's. The few times that one hp was used for both and reported here are extremely rare. Can it happen? Yes. Chances of it happening? Extremely rare.

Message 14 of 47
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

OH BAM! Suuuuuuuck on that! Haha
Sorry :-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 47
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Chase is or has been pretty consistent on HP's / with CLI's. The few times that one hp was used for both and reported here are extremely rare. Can it happen? Yes. Chances of it happening? Extremely rare.

+1

Has nothing to do with an analyst's ego.  Unfortunately, some lenders just use an HP as part of the normal course of underwriting.  This doesn't violate any act (I know this one is coming...lol).  NFCU is also very HP happy...WFB and BOA use this as well... I think by the time I typed and posted this I got 3 HPs.

Message 16 of 47
noobody
Established Contributor

#1 I would never  waste a HP on CLI from chase, i would just apply, get bonus, close the account move credit line to othere chase account

#2 why would you need CL over 1500 on freedom anyway? their cap 5% bonus categories cap at 1500 per quarter, you can put daliy spending on csp, and still get 1.07 point per dollar spend

#3 try to move some CL from chase amazon to freedom 

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 17 of 47
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Three hard pulls from Chase?
You done lost yo mind! Lol
I think it depends on the timeframe and ego of the Analyst. Lol

Them and US Bank are definitely the bulk of inquiries for me. Everything is always approved with nice limits though, so no complaints from me. I asked the analyst before and she said that she couldn't do anything until I put the request through to customer service and then ring back to them. It's odd that they can't do it themselves.

Message 18 of 47
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@noobody. In response to second point, if I charge full $1500 in one month on card then I like to have some credit available. Also, ego. I don't like having that credit limit under $5,000 Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 47
Dustink
Valued Contributor

If you have any issues during your drapping. Here is a good chase number to call once sober.

1-800-527-7415

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.