Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI

I think I was in year ten when I got my Macy's Visa invitation.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Opened my Macy's this summer at $1000.  CLI'd right before 3 mos. to $1700.  Called today and the CSR said I would have to wait six months from the last GLI before they will consider another - so I guess I'm a member of the Macy's Six Month Club ;(.  I will try again, though, and see if another CSR will follow the 3-month pattern......I'm Platinum, have put $1500+ and PIF.

Update:  Called in on the second three month mark and received an additional $500.  So from $1000 to $1700 to $2200.  Guess I'm not a member of the Macy's "Wait Six Month for another GLI" Club after all!  Three months (or, in the first case, a little less) worked great twice.

Now, if they would just offer me that lovely Visa!

I was approved for the Visa card this past October, after speaking with the CRS, she informed that CLI's are given every three months for the store card and every 6 months for the Visa.

Hope this helps!

Message 22 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Opened my Macy's this summer at $1000.  CLI'd right before 3 mos. to $1700.  Called today and the CSR said I would have to wait six months from the last GLI before they will consider another - so I guess I'm a member of the Macy's Six Month Club ;(.  I will try again, though, and see if another CSR will follow the 3-month pattern......I'm Platinum, have put $1500+ and PIF.

Update:  Called in on the second three month mark and received an additional $500.  So from $1000 to $1700 to $2200.  Guess I'm not a member of the Macy's "Wait Six Month for another GLI" Club after all!  Three months (or, in the first case, a little less) worked great twice.

Now, if they would just offer me that lovely Visa!

I was approved for the Visa card this past October, after speaking with the CRS, she informed that CLI's are given every three months for the store card and every 6 months for the Visa.

Hope this helps!

Ask another CSR and you might well get a different answer. That's the problem!

Message 23 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it is 3 months for store and 6 months for visa, up until  about 9 months ago, you could get every 3 on visa too.
Message 24 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
it is 3 months for store and 6 months for visa, up until  about 9 months ago, you could get every 3 on visa too.

Except for the many people who report here and elsewhere that they've been told the interval for the store card is six months. Some are told (and get) three months, some are told (and get) six months. There doesn't really seem to be any consistency in the answers or results you get.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.