Reply
Established Contributor
cartercorp
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Macy's hard pull for cli....

I called Macy's yesterday for a cli and it was denied. The csr stated the reason being that Macy's is now only granting a cli every 6 months. I received an alert from EQ this morning that an inquire was made by Macy's/Dsnb? What the h**l since when is it hard pull for a cli? Is this going to be the standard operating procedure when requesting a cli?
Established Member
defserv
Posts: 24
Registered: ‎02-22-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

As far as I know the macys visa requires six month between cli requests.. did you call about the visa or store card?
Valued Contributor
Scamp
Posts: 2,791
Registered: ‎03-18-2007
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

[ Edited ]

cartercorp wrote:
I called Macy's yesterday for a cli and it was denied. The csr stated the reason being that Macy's is now only granting a cli every 6 months. I received an alert from EQ this morning that an inquire was made by Macy's/Dsnb? What the h**l since when is it hard pull for a cli? Is this going to be the standard operating procedure when requesting a cli?

 

Is this the store card or the Visa?

 

If the store card, then this is VERY new, as I just did my latest 3-month GLI with no pull (or only a soft, at worst), a few weeks ago.

 

As for whether or not this is now SOP for Macy's, only they can tell you that; might want to call and ask them.

 

ETA:  defserve outtyped me! :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Scamp on 03-10-2009 11:18 AM
_____________________________________________________________________________
It's never too late to become the person you might have been. ~George Eliot

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Established Contributor
cartercorp
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

I have the store card (red card).My first cli was at 3 months, and yestarday it hit 6 months.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 20,884
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

both store card and visa are CLI every 3 months unless they have changed it in the last 15 days.

It should also NEVER be a hard pull... I would call back ask for supervisor and ask them to recode the pull for soft, that was BAD on that reps part for doing the pull. 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,552
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

[ Edited ]

my understanding is that if you request an amount that approaches (too closely) or exceeds your internal risk limit that a hard pull may be placed. 

 

as far as the 6 months to be GLI eligible -that would apear to be a relatively new requirement, since i just got my three month store card (not visa) GLI a couple of weeks ago.

Message Edited by score_building on 03-10-2009 11:39 AM
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Established Contributor
cartercorp
Posts: 851
Registered: ‎07-01-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....


Creditaddict wrote:

both store card and visa are CLI every 3 months unless they have changed it in the last 15 days.

It should also NEVER be a hard pull... I would call back ask for supervisor and ask them to recode the pull for soft, that was BAD on that reps part for doing the pull. 


 

Thanks Credit i will call after work today and see what they tell me. I will post later the results.
Established Contributor
Pappy214
Posts: 794
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

The same thing happened to my DW last month. I posted it here in the forums, apparently nobody believed me. She was told it is every six months now for the store card. They denied her GLI, and said to call back at the six month mark. The BS about it is my DW has already reached Platinum this year, and they have not upgraded her card to that either, they said they only upgrade now at the end of the year to whatever you reached the previous year.

 

I am tired of going to Macy's every week and making a payment on a crappy small limit for her card. It is a PITA (pain in the ...).

 

So, Macy's gets no more love until they show us some.

____________________________________________________

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Super Contributor
concorduser
Posts: 6,025
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

I never heard of hardpull from Macy's for CLI. This is some thing new.
Senior Contributor
score_building
Posts: 3,552
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Macy's hard pull for cli....

[ Edited ]

Pappy214 wrote:

The same thing happened to my DW last month. I posted it here in the forums, apparently nobody believed me. She was told it is every six months now for the store card. They denied her GLI, and said to call back at the six month mark. The BS about it is my DW has already reached Platinum this year, and they have not upgraded her card to that either, they said they only upgrade now at the end of the year to whatever you reached the previous year.

 

I am tired of going to Macy's every week and making a payment on a crappy small limit for her card. It is a PITA (pain in the ...).

 

So, Macy's gets no more love until they show us some.


1.  i saw your post but had hoped that maybe it was just a new cs rep or something (since i received a 3 month GLI after you posted)  the timing of this change would though make sense, since they reportedly just increased the apr of 100% of their card holders (store and visa).

 

2.  i just received a gold store card last week.  when i called and spoke to an apparently outsourced representative he said he could check my account and have a gold card sent out to me "straight away" (at that time i was a few dollars short of the required spending so he said i could call back after spending 1.24 more, lol.)  i called back after meeting the requirement and the US agent i spoke with said she would put in a request, WTH?  outsourced reps. are authorized to send card upgrades to qualified card holders right away but US reps have to put in a request?  shortly after i received a denial letter! 

 

since  the first rep i spoke said it was a go, i glazed over the denial (since it seemed odd) and i called back and again spoke to an outsourced rep. who reviewed my acct with me on the phone and sent me a gold card which had already updated as gold on the website the same week i received the denial letter.

 

3.  you don't prefer to pay online? 

Message Edited by score_building on 03-10-2009 01:51 PM
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}