Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macys

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused.  Can anybody please explain what Macy's logic is in not reporting limits?

Am I wrong in thinking that the only "harm" this will have to customers is how it effects util?  What implications are there when there is a 0 CL, but the card shows, say, a $100 balance?  Will it look like the card is maxed out?

Exactly. More of a potential imact on Util if you use the card and carry a balance, nevermind that you may be actually at 10/20/30 percent of the overall balance...it gives a "maxed" out appearance (point wise) by not reporting the line.

Many had this SAME problem with Firestone and their reporting (CarCare One I believe) which only reported your balance, not the overall limit.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 92
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm confused.  Can anybody please explain what Macy's logic is in not reporting limits?

Am I wrong in thinking that the only "harm" this will have to customers is how it effects util?  What implications are there when there is a 0 CL, but the card shows, say, a $100 balance?  Will it look like the card is maxed out?

It will look like the card is $100 OTL.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 42 of 92
happy0510
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It will look like the card is $100 OTL.

So how does N/A play into all this?

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

according to someone on another board who called them, it is because the "CL" is actually a "guide line" not an actual hard/fast credit limit and they believe they must  do this to comply with new regulations. However, it was pointed out that Nordstrom's is having no problem with it.

Message 44 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if the "high balance" will show and substitute in fico formulation for the credit limit, as Crap1  used to do.

Message 45 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great.  Now EX is showing Macy's with a $0 credit limit.

Message 46 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too!Smiley Mad

Message 47 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too!Smiley Mad

Something just isn't smelling right with Macy's.

First they try the lame end run around the ban on double-cycle billing.  Then they announce changing to AmEx as their credit card partner (which I am not saying is bad).

Now they decide not to report CLs.  Their excuse so far given to those who have been kind enough to post what they've been told is, to put it succinctly, lame.  I would like to know what their real reason is for doing this.

Is there a possibility this -- as trying to avoid the ban on double-cycle billing and switching to AmEx -- is a cost saving measure?  Can we read into this that Macy's is in financial distress?  Is it time to jump ship?

On a side note, how does FICO account for Signature Visa cards that report no CL?  Will Macy's sans CL also be factored into FICO the same way?

Message 48 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too!Smiley Mad

First they try the lame end run around the ban on double-cycle billing.  Then they announce changing to AmEx as their credit card partner (which I am not saying is bad).

Now they decide not to report CLs.  Their excuse so far given to those who have been kind enough to post what they've been told is, to put it succinctly, lame.  I would like to know what their real reason is for doing this.

Is there a possibility this -- as trying to avoid the ban on double-cycle billing and switching to AmEx -- is a cost saving measure?  Can we read into this that Macy's is in financial distress?  Is it time to jump ship?

On a side note, how does FICO account for Signature Visa cards that report no CL?  Will Macy's sans CL also be factored into FICO the same way?

For either card, if there is a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in util calculations.

Message 49 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Me too!Smiley Mad

For either card, if there is a $0 CL (or its blank) and there is no high balance reporting (or its blank), the trade line will not factor in util calculations.

I see.  Thanks.

So it seems the damage comes from a $0 CL and a high balance because the highbalance is taken as a defacto CL and the high balance may not be as high as the actual limit is.  Do I have that right?

Without going back and looking at my CRs, does anybody know if Macy's is reporting a high balance?

Message 50 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.