Did you mean: 

Management of my cards ...

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Management of my cards ...

@Peach8321 wrote:

Marinevietvet,

I was told by USAA that the new law prohibits them changing the bill date for a credit card - not sure if it's true, but that's what I was told.

For the OP - your credit report reflects the statement, so if you want it to report $0, make sure you pay at least 3 days before the statement but also realize that sometimes updating is slow (ie, I paid my CC bill on the 1st of the month - the statement cuts the 10th - I pulled my reports on the 11th and they still reflected that I "owed" something on the CC (even though it was $0) ).

As you get used to your new cards, you'll learn their quirks, the most important thing though is to never be late on a payment!

It might very well depend on the company and not any new law. Or the CSR was incorrect about something. (What a shock that would be.  Smiley Happy )

I know that a short time ago I changed my due date for Cap 1 just by going to the website.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 11 of 12
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: Management of my cards ...

It may be that the companies cannot change a due date without notice as they've done pre-Card Act in order to collect late fees?!?  That's what they really got the ruler to their knuckles for doing to customers.  I believe the customers can still change their own due dates and/or the company must provide advanced notice x-days before doing so.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.