Contributor
Erika3o3

Manual Inquiry

So I wanted to know for Recons, what exactly do they do, when they do a manual inquiry. Im attempting to get a recon with capital 1, and the EO said they would have a Credit Analyst do a manual inquiry, and it will only be a soft pull since my main application was a hard pull already.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 559
Current Score: EQ FICO 569
Goal Score: 750 All
WF Secured (300)
New Contributor
Phizzle

Re: Manual Inquiry

Typically speaking, most recons are going to be a manual review of the report already used by the automated system; however, in some cases, some banks may pull another bureau. It all depends on how marginal you are I suppose. It never hurts to ask up front.

Hopefully in your case, the rep at the EO only worded it that way, and they will in fact just manually review your current file. Especially given the fact Cap One almost always pulls all three bureaus initially anyways.
09Lexie

A human will review your application. The underwriting that cc use is done by computer- they are telling you that they will review your application to attempt to overturn your denial.

Goodluck
Valued Contributor
RyVision

Phizzle wrote:
Typically speaking, most recons are going to be a manual review of the report already used by the automated system; however, in some cases, some banks may pull another bureau. It all depends on how marginal you are I suppose. It never hurts to ask up front.

Hopefully in your case, the rep at the EO only worded it that way, and they will in fact just manually review your current file. Especially given the fact Cap One almost always pulls all three bureaus initially anyways.

+1

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+