Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Luxury Card (Formally Black Card): Free Ray Ban Sunglasses Gift

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: MasterCard Luxury Card (Formally Black Card): Free Ray Ban Sunglasses Gift

I signed up for a notification of when they start taking apps. Hoping maybe they'll do a waived AF offer for the re-release. Card is def worth it for $0. lol.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's funny how "the most iconic, recognizable sunglass model worldwide" can also claim to be "an expression of individual style". It seems a bit like saying you're unique because you eat McDonalds hamburgers or drink Coca Cola.

With a waived AF, it's definitely a decent card.

I wish I could get some Aviators from Barclaycard, but the variety I want is closed to new apps. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
I signed up for a notification of when they start taking apps. Hoping maybe they'll do a waived AF offer for the re-release. Card is def worth it for $0.lol.

It won't be 0 dollars due to the 100 travel credit alone so that is $100 in AF there alone..  They really need to tweak the benefits or reduce the AF or something to make it work   Although since it is Metal and Carbon people will pay or so that is what they are banking on and using black card/luxury card to sell people although the previous version obviously didnt't work so not sure how this is that much better being its current structure.  Also signed up to be notified altough i don't expect much from it.

Message 13 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I always thought writing "black card" on the card was the tackiest thing ever. Lol.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two words: "Social status" 

lolol...

Reminds me of the old man at my local Starbucks whom I was waiting behind in line as he pulled out his AMEX Gold (not even PRG!) and looked back with his nose in the air and said, "You got to be special to get one of these" when he saw me eyeing his card. I opened my wallet and grabbed mine out immediately and said, "Yep, looks like I already am." 

Message 15 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

lolol...

Reminds me of the old man at my local Starbucks whom I was waiting behind in line as he pulled out his AMEX Gold (not even PRG!) and looked back with his nose in the air and said, "You got to be special to get one of these" when he saw me eyeing his card. I opened my wallet and grabbed mine out immediately and said, "Yep, looks like I already am." 

You ain't special unless the card goes "clink!" lol. Just kidding....I'll be honest, I'd be more excited to see a Simmon's card than to see a centurion. 

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff! I hope to get mine soon too.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

lolol...

Hahaha!! That's too funny! I love it.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the preapproved mailer yesterday. The cards seem pretty nice and it's definitely tempting, but I don't at all see them being worth the $195/495/995 AF's, respectively.

You have to opt for the Black, at least, to really make it worth anything, and at $495/yr..... I just don't know.

OP definitely has a solid plan, though. It might be worth the effort of calling them once a year to threaten cancellation. I may give it a shot. I could pay the AF once, and not feel too terrible about it.

Cheers!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.