Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum time requesting Chase CLI

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Minimum time requesting Chase CLI

What is the minimum time you have to allow before asking for a Chase CLI on a new account (July)??

I know it is pretty much HP only just curious if I should wait it out a full year or not.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
melbaro
New Contributor

Re: Minimum time requesting Chase CLI

You shouldn't have a problem going for it today.

I was able to request a CLI on my Freedom a few days after approval. I'm not sure if there is that initial window to do so though.

I just got approved for the CSP today and was considering going for a CLI. I mentioned that I have a card with a higher limit that won't report as such till the second week of October. He said it would be fine if I chose to request it then...

Message 2 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

You shouldn't have a problem going for it today.

I was able to request a CLI on my Freedom a few days after approval. I'm not sure if there is that initial window to do so though.

I just got approved for the CSP today and was considering going for a CLI. I mentioned that I have a card with a higher limit that won't report as such till the second week of October. He said it would be fine if I chose to request it then...

Not a good idea to go for it now, as my util. is not proper at this point. I was thinking about 6 months but wanted to know if that is too soon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 18
melbaro
New Contributor

I would call the recon number first and ask. They will in turn transfer you to a CSR to process the CLI and transfer you back. Ask the analyst before you pull the trigger. Either way, you shouldn't have a problem...I believe a PC and/or VISA/MC conversion requires at least a full year though. Definitely wait till everything is pristine. 

Message 4 of 18
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I recieved my Freedom early June and requested a cli late August by calling number on back of card.  It went from $3000 to $6000...hardpull on TU.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 5 of 18
alboto
Regular Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I recieved my Freedom early June and requested a cli late August by calling number on back of card.  It went from $3000 to $6000...hardpull on TU.

since I got my util down by alot, I might try for a CLI soon!! Having a 500 CL sucks

Message 6 of 18
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@alboto wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

since I got my util down by alot, I might try for a CLI soon!! Having a 500 CL sucks

Please post your results it would help those of us in the same 500 CL boat. I'm thinking about trying in march.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 7 of 18
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

Yeah having a $500 limit really sucks if that's going to be your primary card, and if you have a Chaes checking account, I see no reason why you would not want this to be your primary card. I was approved on a $500 limit and I had to make multiple payments a month. Between gas, interet and cell phone charges, that's already my limit. Once I get to that amount, I had to switch to my Zync.  

I waited 6 months before requesting a CLI and I used that very reason for why I made my request (I saw this reason by someone who posted that) and was approved to $2000. But I would always be honest with the reason why you're requesting a CLI, if they see you are making multiple payments a month it's a good reason, if not then it might not be such a good idea. 

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 8 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Probably be best for me to wait it out a year, 2k is plenty for now.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I requested one a week after approval and another about a month later. Both were approved with no problem. As long as everything is in good shape you should be fine.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.