Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morgan Stanley Amex cards

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Morgan Stanley Amex cards

Does anyone on this forums happen to have them? https://www262.americanexpress.com/dapply/web/landing/api/MS/1000/2

I was talking to a banker and happened to find out that MS cards are backed by Amex. I understand that a banking relationship is required to apply for the cards.

The only difference in benefits compared to regular Platinum is the $500 credit after 100k spend, right?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rex_03
Contributor

Re: Morgan Stanley Amex cards

Hmm, interesting. I notice also that the first ACM on the Platinum is also no fee too. That's a nice perk.

Message 2 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

You need to be a client of MS, SB, or Fisher Investments.

You can apply and may fall through the cracks but if they find out they can close your account or do PC.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Morgan Stanley Amex cardsM

I know that. I am interested in opening an account with MS which is why I was talking to a banker in the first place.

I am just curious about this card since there isn't much info about it. This card is basically icing on the cake if I do end up opening a MS account, but I won't be opening a MS account just for this either.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@rex_03 wrote:

Hmm, interesting. I notice also that the first ACM on the Platinum is also no fee too. That's a nice perk.

that's huge, currently we pay 325.00 each for additional platinum cards on our business accounts

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 5 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I know that. I am interested in opening an account with MS which is why I was talking to a banker in the first place.

I am just curious about this card since there isn't much info about it. This card is basically icing on the cake if I do end up opening a MS account, but I won't be opening a MS account just for this either.

Sorry, reading your post via Iphone and did not see all the details.

50K rewards points after charging $1K

Free ACM

$500 credit after charging $100K

MS has a Amex Administrator that handles any issues you may have with your account.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Sorry, reading your post via Iphone and did not see all the details.

50K rewards points after charging $1K

Free ACM

$500 credit after charging $100K

MS has a Amex Administrator that handles any issues you may have with your account.

ah i see. thanks a lot!

so all customer service related stuff are handled by MS instead?

Message 7 of 9
sjt
Senior Contributor

ah i see. thanks a lot!

so all customer service related stuff are handled by MS instead?

No. You still use Amex customer service like with any Amex Card. The difference is there is a dedicated Amex group who acts as a liaison to MS. So in the event there is an issue of some sort and the traditional Amex customer service is not handling it to your satisfaction, you can have your FA contact the group. Depending on your relationship with MS, they can use the group to handle special application requests, handle spend requests, FR's, etc.
Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. that information is extremely helpful. Thanks a lot!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.