cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My lowest CL is Walmart GECRB, seriously, what gives?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

My lowest CL is Walmart GECRB, seriously, what gives?

Just can't figure out why my Walmart card is stuck where it is.  It just won't move from $4500.  It's tied with my Comenity HSN card for my lowest CL.  I know others can skyrocket that CL, but for me, it just won't budge.

I've called Credit Solutions, they said that's the most they can give me.  It's been stuck there for about a year.  I just got the Discover upgrade offer, but declined it.  I was wanting to buy a new riding lawnmower at Walmart, but didn't want it to hit my util too hard and they have a special interest rate for certain purchases.  Guess GECRB gets no luv from me, I'll use my AMEX.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: My lowest CL is Walmart GECRB, seriously, what gives?

Did you explain that you wanted to make a large purchase? That seems to help with a lot of the store cards. 

Message 2 of 14
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

I feel your pain, GE seems to love me, they gave me 10k on my Lowes card with one phone call, but I cant get my Walmart card above 3500 to save my life. They even turned me down for a Sams Discover. I mean come on, even Discover itself gave me a card. lol

Message 3 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I told them I wanted to make a large purchase, and I do want to.  But it was a no, go.  The DW's CL is higher than mine, she hasn't had it as long as mine, her income is about 1/3 and her scores are on average about 40 points lower.  My Lowes card with them bounces up when the wind blows, but not the Walmart one.  But, anyway, their loss and AMEX's gain.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Yes, I told them I wanted to make a large purchase, and I do want to.  But it was a no, go.  The DW's CL is higher than mine, she hasn't had it as long as mine, her income is about 1/3 and her scores are on average about 40 points lower.  My Lowes card with them bounces up when the wind blows, but not the Walmart one.  But, anyway, their loss and AMEX's gain.

Walmart card for me is a weird one. I have gotten two minor cli from them.I was able to get larger CLI from them by just randomly asking for one without using card for last six months or so.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

The inconsistancy is another reason I do not want a GECRB/store card. SP CLI's are nice but not worth the extra TLs. I would rather grow my current cards.

Message 6 of 14
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Just can't figure out why my Walmart card is stuck where it is.  It just won't move from $4500.  It's tied with my Comenity HSN card for my lowest CL.  I know others can skyrocket that CL, but for me, it just won't budge.

I've called Credit Solutions, they said that's the most they can give me.  It's been stuck there for about a year.  I just got the Discover upgrade offer, but declined it.  I was wanting to buy a new riding lawnmower at Walmart, but didn't want it to hit my util too hard and they have a special interest rate for certain purchases.  Guess GECRB gets no luv from me, I'll use my AMEX.

Good for you, and I appreciate your logic.

...I'll confess that I'm a bit envious....we're still at the "which card will this fit on" stage...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

The inconsistancy is another reason I do not want a GECRB/store card. SP CLI's are nice but not worth the extra TLs. I would rather grow my current cards.

To me Walmart if I get an so CLI I am grateful, I got it originally just for tu fico score back then I think they were only ones that offered it😁

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 14
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

To me Walmart if I get an so CLI I am grateful, I got it originally just for tu fico score back then I think they were only ones that offered it😁

The TU FICO score is definitely a good draw for the card. However, since I have the Discover IT, I get my TU from them. If I would have known about this card in the beginiing of my credit repair journey, I am sure I would have gotten it. Now I am just to the point that it will not benefit me and I will not app for any type of credit that is not a benefit to me. That is why I am so annoyed I have the US Bank Platinum and Citi TYP. 

Message 9 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@azguy13 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

The TU FICO score is definitely a good draw for the card. However, since I have the Discover IT, I get my TU from them. If I would have known about this card in the beginiing of my credit repair journey, I am sure I would have gotten it. Now I am just to the point that it will not benefit me and I will not app for any type of credit that is not a benefit to me. That is why I am so annoyed I have the US Bank Platinum and Citi TYP. 

I agree with the Citi TYP, but when I was getting cards, and everyone was giving me $5k, they gave me $10K, so I used that to bump my others up.  So I have no problem with them.  I'll throw some money at them occassionally but I PIF.

July 2013 score:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.