cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU APPROVAL

tag
New Contributor

Re: NFCU APPROVAL

Well I found out today that I was denied for the 7500 Navcheck LOC. I guess I asked for too much. The reasons says: Income insufficient for amount of credit requested. I wonder if I can be considered for a smaller amount????? Do you think I should forget about it or ask for  a smaller amount???? Advice please???

Thanks,

Message 11 of 20
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

@2009 wrote:
Well I found out today that I was denied for the 7500 Navcheck LOC. I guess I asked for too much. The reasons says: Income insufficient for amount of credit requested. I wonder if I can be considered for a smaller amount????? Do you think I should forget about it or ask for  a smaller amount???? Advice please???

Thanks,

Call and discuss it with the CR.
Message 12 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'm surprised they didn't counter.  Call in & discuss what you're eligible for.  How long did it take to hear from them?? 
Message 13 of 20
New Contributor

It took about 24hrs. I called in and asked if I could see if I am eligible for a smaller amount and the CSR stated that he would put me in for 2500. He said that this way I wouldn't get another inq. He also said that it would take about 24hrs. So, I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were smart to go high and then call in and go lower. I started out asking for $1,000 and tried for an increase and was denied. Good luck!
Message 15 of 20
New Contributor

Well, I finally received a reply today. I was approved for Navcheck 1500 instead of the 7500 or the 2500. The CSR said that at this moment I am only eligible for the 1500 LOC Navcheck. I am happy that I was able to qualify. So, I will take the 1500 and be happy. As time goes on I'm sure I will qualify for more. Thanks for all the advice!! So, I now have a 3500 visa and 1500 Navcheck LOC with NFCU!!
NFCU rocks!!!

Thanks,

Message 16 of 20
goose3500
Contributor

That is great news congratulations!!! I just opened an account last friday, I was wondering did you have any baddies when you applied because i have two paid collections charge-offs and score around the same as yours. I would like very much to get a real credit card. thanks
Message 17 of 20
New Contributor

I have 2 charge-offs that will come off in Jan. 09. Also I have 3 other cards that are close to the limit, but that didn't stop the approval. The CC was online application instant 3500 CL. I am going to pay off the other 3 CC's and just keep the one from NFCU. Give it a try.

Thanks,

Message 18 of 20
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Did anyone notice that NFCU just announced a change in the NAVCHEK interest rate to 14.9%?
Message 19 of 20
JRInWA
Valued Member

Ya saw that when I logged in yesterday.  I was soooo mad!!!  But then I remembered... I was so happy just to be approved for a CL a few months ago so I decided not to call Smiley Happy

NFCU:
MasterCard Platinum $30K
NavChek LOC $15K

TU=671 EX=686 EQ=699

JR

Message Edited by JRInWA on 09-20-2008 08:15 AM

Starting Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Current Score: EQ 797, TU 781, EX 781 (03/15/18)
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.