Contributor
pjohnston2

Re: NFCU CLI

With a 740 FICO score, they wanted give you a secured card?!  wow.  I'm really surprised by that.

Is NFCU as unhappy with inquiries as PenFed is?

KJC2008

They said it is a new rule they implemented. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same thing.
Frequent Contributor
iltph

I joined NFCU in Dec and applied a few days later for an nRewards and was denied, but was offered the SC. I had a few collections delete off my EQ and applied two months later (after my wife and I's direct deposits had been going into my checking acct for a month). They ended up approving me for $17,500.
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Congrats FM! Give your business to those who value you as a customer, and who will keep the rewards coming when you reward them in kind.

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Since I got denied for PenFed I've been thinking of shifting my balance over to my NFCU Mastercard. I called and asked if I was eligible for a CLI, and I got an instant approval. New CL is $20,000. Since it wasn't referred to the credit committee I'm reasonably sure it was an auto CLI based on my account history. However, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

pjohnston2 wrote:

With a 740 FICO score, they wanted give you a secured card?!  wow.  I'm really surprised by that.

Is NFCU as unhappy with inquiries as PenFed is?

I don't think they care so much about inqs, as I had many when I signed up with NFCU last April. However, they do seem to care about recend derogs. 

My EQ is clean except for a couple lates, and they seem to give me whatever I want. They even informed me when I got this CLI yesterday that I was preapproved for an auto or boat loan. 

It's great that NFCU is still lending. But then again, that's what happens at banks who never wrote a subprime mortgage. 

Here we go again...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+