Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU..

tag
silly34
Regular Contributor

NFCU..

Called NFCU and asked for a CLI...  was told will have decision in mail.  Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU..

This does not mean decline.

I recently applied for the cash reward visa.  The status was "Review in Process" for nearly a week.  The status comments said that a decision would be made in approximately 3-5 days and the decision would be mailed to me.

I was approved and was able to call in and ask what the CL was.  I also saw the status update comments online to tell me "approved" and the approved CL.

So, while you may be declined a CLI, the "decision will be mailed" is not an auto decline.

Message 2 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Nice thing about most of the credit unions is you can call and ask w/o concern of getting your credit card limits slashed or closed outright. 
Message 3 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Txjohn, if you don't mind me asking, what was the CL you were approved for?

I'm tempted to apply for that card. I currently have a Platinum MC at $20,000 with NFCU, and a NavCheck LOC at $15,000. 

Here we go again...
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me an initial CL of $25k on the cash reward Visa.

I did app for $15k NavCheck after....still waiting for final decision.  They called my employer for verifications, so I am guessing this is a good sign on the Nav.  Funny thing though, they hard pulled me twice for the Nav app (not including the Visa pull).  Pulled day of my app (7th) then again the next day after they did employer verification.

Message 5 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I'm tempted to apply for that card. I currently have a Platinum MC at $20,000 with NFCU, and a NavCheck LOC at $15,000. 

I really see no reason to have multiple credit cards with one credit union. But that's just me. How about another issuer?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd for a CC with NFCU on 5/2.  My app status says voided.  I called, they said it was in process.  I called back 5/9 and was told to fax in SS card, DL, utility bill and last 2 paystubs.  I call today, still no decision.  If I get denied, I will not be a happy camper.  I would hope they would just deny me rather than put me through all this.  Maybe I don't need it.  I do have a fraud alert on my reports, but they usually ask me questions like, what's your previous addy, how much is your pymt with your car loan, with whom is your car note, etc.

I hope I get the card.  I've got to buy a fridge. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

I really see no reason to have multiple credit cards with one credit union. But that's just me. How about another issuer?

The $20-25k CL is probably why.  Not many issuers doing that these days. 
Message Edited by txjohn on 05-12-2009 06:15 PM
Message 8 of 10
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

With Chase Freedom about to become worthless, I'm in search of a new cash back card. The idea of 1.5% cash back is fairly tantalizing. I originally got their plain jane Mastercard because I wanted a solid, low APR card in case of emergencies. 

Unfortunately, now I need another cash back card with something more to offer than 1 percent. Do you have any others you could recommend smallfry? I got denied for the awesome PenFed card.  

Here we go again...
Message 9 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

@FretlessMayhem wrote:

With Chase Freedom about to become worthless, I'm in search of a new cash back card. The idea of 1.5% cash back is fairly tantalizing. I originally got their plain jane Mastercard because I wanted a solid, low APR card in case of emergencies. 

Unfortunately, now I need another cash back card with something more to offer than 1 percent. Do you have any others you could recommend smallfry? I got denied for the awesome PenFed card.  

Schwab has a 2% cash back card. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.