Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011
0

Nationwide Credit Card

I have been going through a lot of the threads in the Credit Card section and read up on the some of the Nationwide CC from 2010 and was wondering if anyone has applied for their CC this year and what was your experience?


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

New Contributor
Posts: 57
Registered: ‎03-26-2010
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

I was thinking about this the other day.  I planned on posting this question myself, but got sidetracked.  I too am curious if anyone has tried to apply within the last 6 months for this card.


Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

FWIW, found this on Finance Globe regarding the Nationwide Credit Card (applicant was denied and gave feedback):

 

"Denied, for two reasons, Didn't meet the minimum 690 score, did not meet the minimum 2 years with personal "non authorized user" history. should of waited 30 days 23 months of personal history".

 

http://www.financeglobe.com/FN/Card-Application/AppStatusID-1353.php

 

From what I have read among the approvals, these cats toss around some pretty heavy credit lines (up to $50,000, but the guy did have an 813 FICO!). Might be worth a shot, but I'm guessing the credit requirements will extend beyond the 690 gatekeeper i.e. they review and scrutinize the report heavily.

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

haha based on my TU FICO score I am 1 point away from 690 threshold but it should be higher in the next 30-45 days once I clean up some negative stuff still being reported on my TU report and then hopefully will be at 720 to apply for the card Smiley Happy


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
Posts: 799
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card


fusioncredit wrote:

haha based on my TU FICO score I am 1 point away from 690 threshold but it should be higher in the next 30-45 days once I clean up some negative stuff still being reported on my TU report and then hopefully will be at 720 to apply for the card Smiley Happy


I hear ya...that's my story with Discover. I have been pining for that card for months, but I need to get my util down to 1-2%, get 6 months away from some of the inquiries, and let my accounts age. I should be pushing 700 by that point and will have a chance. BK7 from 2009 does worry me a bit

I'm Spartacus!

hr>Starting Score: EQ 546, EX 547, TU 580
Current Scores (lender): EQ 725 , EX FICO 720, TU 737 FICO scores>
Goal Score: 750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 614
Registered: ‎10-23-2011
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

[ Edited ]

CreditCrusader wrote:

fusioncredit wrote:

haha based on my TU FICO score I am 1 point away from 690 threshold but it should be higher in the next 30-45 days once I clean up some negative stuff still being reported on my TU report and then hopefully will be at 720 to apply for the card Smiley Happy


I hear ya...that's my story with Discover. I have been pining for that card for months, but I need to get my util down to 1-2%, get 6 months away from some of the inquiries, and let my accounts age. I should be pushing 700 by that point and will have a chance. BK7 from 2009 does worry me a bit


To be honest I'm not really happy with Discover right now....they CLD me in 2009 from $5,500 to $4,700 because of some stuff on my report (didn't bother to check then), then this year again they CLD me to $2,900 because of stuff on my report (didn't bother to check again) I figured I get around to it one day and figure out whats going on. Finally after months of procasinating I decided to try out Credit Secure from AMEX and the stuff on there looked bad...I had late CC payments that were 30, 60, 90, and 120 late. What sucks though was the card was not even mine. I was added as an auth user on my Mom's Chase card years ago to translate on her behalf. Well she ran into financial trouble in 08-09 and that negative was being reported on my credit report. I finally got all the negative stuff removed from EX report. Have a few negative stuff still to be removed from EQ/TU. They seem to be slow at cooperating and correcting invalid stuff. Well I called Discover a week ago for the 2nd time requesting to give me back my credit limit of $5,500 but the OPR guy wouldn't budge saying when he pulled the report there was still negative stuff on my EQ report. As soon as all my negative stuff is removed from EQ I am calling discover back and going to do my best to get my CL back and even ask for more 


Starting Score: EQ 686 10/18/11, TU 689 10/25/11, EX 685 10/11 (Amex Pull)....these are all FICO scores
Current Score: EQ 702 10/24/11, TU 689, EX 685
Goal Score: 750+

Score Update: EQ: 743 (02/03/12) TU: 741 (Walmart 01/11/12), now 761 as of 01/27/12 (Walmart), EX: 741 (Amex 01/04/12)
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 262
Registered: ‎06-13-2008
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

I have my car insurance through Nationwide, so I applied for this card back in July '11, and I asked what their requirements were, it was indeed a score of 690 along with other factors, the basic standards you hear from other creditors.  I applied over the phone, didn't get an instant decision from the Rep.  I figured it was a denial because I did have a lot of inquiries on my Equifax (don't ask how many I really couldn't tell you) but a couple of days later I called to check status, was told I was approved for $4,000.  It was a low limit for my taste but decided to keep the card.  Nothing spectacular about it, if I don't get an increase at the six month mark, I might close it.  Who knows?!?!?!

Marriott Rewards Visa $25,000; AirTran A+Rewards Visa $25,000; PFCU Visa $17,000; Barclay B&N MasterCard $12,000; GUCU Visa $10,500; Nordstrom Visa $10,000; GOCU Visa $10,000; Ann Taylor MasterCard $6,400; US Bank Perks Plus Visa $5,000; Barclay Arrival MasterCard $5,000; Quicksilver One $3,000; Capital One Classic $3,000; Amazon Visa $500; Sam's Club MasterCard $250; Dillards AMEX $250; Wal-Mart MasterCard $250.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 498
Registered: ‎01-29-2009
0

Re: Nationwide Credit Card

[ Edited ]

 


Strepthroat wrote:

I have my car insurance through Nationwide, so I applied for this card back in July '11, and I asked what their requirements were, it was indeed a score of 690 along with other factors, the basic standards you hear from other creditors.  I applied over the phone, didn't get an instant decision from the Rep.  I figured it was a denial because I did have a lot of inquiries on my Equifax (don't ask how many I really couldn't tell you) but a couple of days later I called to check status, was told I was approved for $4,000.  It was a low limit for my taste but decided to keep the card.  Nothing spectacular about it, if I don't get an increase at the six month mark, I might close it.  Who knows?!?!?!


Unless i am wrong i think this card if used for auto repairs has 12 months no interest . So i keep it around for that reason. But my CL is only 2.5k

 

Nope not confused..

 

 

Discover Nationwide Bank Visa Credit Card features that match your spending

  • 0% introductory APR on bank credit card purchases and balance transfers for 6 billing cycles from account opening
  • 0% promotional APR for 12 billing cycles on automotive repairs from date of repair purchase1
  • 1% cash back rebates on all purchases each month that are automatically applied to your account
  • No annual fee

 

 

Never realized this was a cash back card.....


Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800


Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.