Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a bit of guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need a bit of guidance

I have been reading this forum for a month or so ... oh boy my credit has changed drasticaly since then. I took it as a personal challenge and it worked. Thank you all for your encouraging ideas and post.

I have reached from low 600s to now Fico ( EX 770, EQ771, and TU 721). Kudos to you all.

Now I wanted to diversified and add some cards that over rewards.

I was thinking CSP,Slate,Citi double cash ,PRG, and BCE/BCP . I would take any adice on what to apply or in what order to. 

Thank you all and you guys’ rock !!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a bit of guidance

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been reading this forum for a month or so ... oh boy my credit has changed drasticaly since then. I took it as a personal challenge and it worked. Thank you all for your encouraging ideas and post.

I have reached from low 600s to now Fico ( EX 770, EQ771, and TU 721). Kudos to you all.

I was thinking CSP,Slate,Citi double cash ,PRG, and BCE/BCP . I would take any adice on what to apply or in what order to. 

That's quite a change in only a month! If I say anything more than that, lots of users will reply to my post saying something along the lines of 'behave" or "that's not FRS/FSR/SRF" or however it's written. I feel as if I'm one word away from being linched!

But anyway, personally, I would apply in the following order: 

CSP

PRG

BCP

Citi Premier (instead of double cash)...and that's it. I find it "silly" to have two or more revolvers with Amex. Just the way I personally see it Smiley Surprised - I'm ready to get FLAMED off of my last comment Smiley Sad  

I'm scared to even click on "post"....Smiley Sad but you know, "a man who knows no fear can never be brave -he who confronts his fears has real courage" Smiley Happy

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that (the quote above) is exactly what I said to myself when I went skydiving Smiley Very Happy Will definitely be going back!!!!! What a rush!!!!

Message 2 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have reached from low 600s to now Fico ( EX 770, EQ771, and TU 721).Kudos to you all.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to increase your scores by 150 points in a month or two?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on increasing your scores...well done!

Message 4 of 10
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

That's an awesome increase in your FICO in such a short time. I'm envious of you. Good luck on your future credit endeavors!

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have reached from low 600s to now Fico ( EX 770, EQ771, and TU 721).Kudos to you all.

Out of curiosity, what did you do to increase your scores by 150 points in a month or two?

BUMP  

Message 6 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BUMP  

I guess it's good form to wait an hour and 2 minutes before bumping a post on a weekday Smiley Wink

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I'd like to know too! I have seen scores drop that fast, but never go up that fast in one month.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

BUMP  

I guess it's good form to wait an hour and 2 minutes before bumping a post on a weekday Smiley Wink

^^^ Good idea...makes sense. Thanks!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your responses. I had some parking violations that went to collection. One charged off and was carrying about 50%% utilization. 

• I paid everything off.
  • Requested CLI for both Cap 1 and Amex. –Cap 1 to 6500 and Amex to 25000
  • I had bunch of inquiries from buying a car.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.