Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on combining limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on combining limits

I guess as everyone knows by now, Cap1 is combining limits. I have 3 Cap1 cards. Venture $5000, QS $4300, QS1 $2000. I was originally going to combine the QS1 onto the Venture for a $7k limit. I'm now thinking that maybe I should combine it onto the QS for a $6300 limit which should make it eligible for WMC upgrade. Any advice on what I should do here? Thanks to MyFico forums, my scores have skyrocketed over the past year, but I don't yet understand all of the intricacies involved.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice on combining limits

I called to combine cards and they would not let me do it. Rep converted my journey into a quicksilver so now I have two quicksilvers. He dressed them up nice and gave me APR reduction but he could not combine accounts.
Message 2 of 8
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Card Eligibility Requirements

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 3 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called to combine cards and they would not let me do it. Rep converted my journey into a quicksilver so now I have two quicksilvers. He dressed them up nice and gave me APR reduction but he could not combine accounts.

It's not available right now. They pulled the functionality yesterday. It will be back eventually. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRC_WA wrote:

Card Eligibility Requirements

• Card accounts must be in good standing
  • Card accounts must be open for at least 6 months
  • One card account must have a $0 balance and no pending transactions
  • Card accounts must be linked in your online banking profile

This..^^^^

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's not available right now. They pulled the functionality yesterday. It will be back eventually. 

Yeah, it was up for one day. I'll be ready when/if it comes back. However, the question still stands for when/if it does. Should I combine with the Venture or combine with the QS and try for a WMC upgrade?

Message 6 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, it was up for one day. I'll be ready when/if it comes back. However, the question still stands for when/if it does. Should I combine with the Venture or combine with the QS and try for a WMC upgrade?

It's a matter of choice. Do you want a larger limit on a travel card, or a general cash back card? The Venture is effectively 2% if you redeem for qualified redemptions, but has that pesky AF. The QS is a good general 1.5% card to use when your Freedom and Discover don't have the appropriate bonus category.

Personally I'd roll the QS1 into the QS to get rid of the annual fee. I hope when combining comes back (after my 6 month CLI's) I'll be able to get a PC to a regular Quicksilver, then eventaully the WMC version.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have an update on the glitches? I can't seem to find it on the website.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.