cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG I got approved for Discover!!!!!!!!!

tag
farmgirljen
Valued Member

OMG I got approved for Discover!!!!!!!!!

YAY! I got a preapproval offer and apped for it, did not get that but they offered me a discover more and I got it...have no idea what the CL is, but I am excited to get this card! This means I can dump my BBRZM, Secured never going anywhere CU card, and perhaps my Cap 1 card as well... YAY!

Starting Score: EQ 581,NO TU
Current Score: TU 676, EQ 663 EX 653
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: OMG I got approved for Discover!!!!!!!!!

wtg and congratz

Message 2 of 15
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Wonderful!  Congrats on the Discover card and may you have a good relationship with them.

Message 3 of 15
hardworker77
Contributor

Congras...what are your scores? Which CR did they pull?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The More is a good card, especially with it's 5% rotating categories

Congrats!!

Message 5 of 15
farmgirljen
Valued Member

I do not know who they pulled...I apped online and it was an automatic approval but did not say what my CL was...(at least I did not see it) said I should get my card in 7 days or so though... My last pulled fico from this site is TU 675 and EQ 635...only 2 inquiries, both close to being a year old... Should I call them and find out what the CL will be?

Starting Score: EQ 581,NO TU
Current Score: TU 676, EQ 663 EX 653
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

You can surely call them, no harm in doing so.  They'll be happy to help you and welcome you to Discover.

Message 7 of 15
Smug
Established Contributor

I love..... My discover.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 8 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

I love using my discover. Bought some items from shop discover that had 5x points and they were even cheaper than be stores.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for Discover a week ago.. card came today. I didnt' think I hit the submit button but I guess I did... I am surprised they approved me with a bk in 05 and 14 inquiries. I have established great credit since then, most recently a sams club card, barclay card, and 2 car loans. I was approved for $750. They pulled EQ and on the approval it listed 640 as my score.

Now time to garden. I have opened A LOT of cards this year. Let's just say it is in the double digits... but I figured I would do it all at once and let them grow. Previous to 05 I had no credit cards- they were not the reason for my BK.

So if you are unsure about approval I would give it a try. No instant decision, but they called me the next day and approved over the phone.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.