Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch Cap1.... 3 pulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch Cap1.... 3 pulls?

So, many of mine card success stories have been under the influence of adult beverages. Last night I decided to apply for a fourth capital one credit card (one is business) and got a pending message. I also got a pending message on my venture card which was later approved for $5000. I just signed up for three bureau FICO credit monitoring and noticed they pulled all three credit bureaus for this application. Ouch. They must be giving it serious thought? Or perhaps I need to lay off the adult beverages? Lol

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: Ouch Cap1.... 3 pulls?

Are you telling me you have two other personal Capital One cards and you've never been triple-pulled? Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest, I have never noticed, or perhaps checked. It is only upon signing up for credit bureau monitoring that I noticed they pulled all three. Am I high risk, or is it because of the number of cards I'm requesting?

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read about US Bank pulling two other credit bureaus that are miscellaneous. The original poster said he sent of security freeze to them and later was approved for US Bank cards. This was not on this site. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Message 4 of 28
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, many of mine card success stories have been under the influence of adult beverages. Last night I decided to apply for a fourth capital one credit card (one is business) and got a pending message. I also got a pending message on my venture card which was later approved for $5000. I just signed up for three bureau FICO credit monitoring and noticed they pulled all three credit bureaus for this application. Ouch. They must be giving it serious thought? Or perhaps I need to lay off the adult beverages? Lol

That is why I stay away from Cap 1.

Message 5 of 28
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Three pulls is standard procedure for CapOne.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 6 of 28
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

@ficobgtx wrote:

Three pulls is standard procedure for CapOne.

yep. its not just you. its just how capone rolls.

Message 7 of 28
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

How many cap1 cards can you have? I thought the limit was 3 >.<
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 8 of 28
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

No card is worth 3 pulls to me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 9 of 28
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

No card is worth 3 pulls to me. 

+1

Looking back now i have to consider that it was very lucky in spite of CRAP1's lousy BuyPower CC that it's preapproval mailer only results in one of those very rare (for Crap1) single pulls (EQ) likely due to the co-branding. They can keep their foolish triple stamping techniques AFAIK

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.