Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Pal Credit

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Pay Pal Credit

I guess I have very limited use for this product as it does not report and I am working on improving my credit profile so I can purchase a condo. The only thing that might appeal to me is the 0 APR for six months.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

just wondering does anyone know if pp checks all 3 CRA's or is it just one, if only one they look at then which one pls? thanks oh, and what is the min score they accept?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mmm this sounds like a great opportunity. Does anyone have any negatives or reasons not to get the card?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do, I am working hard now in rebuilding my credit. My scores now are not the best. For the first time in my life I have a credit card but it's secured with my bank. I need at least 2 more trade lines to get my scores to improve significantly. I will be getting another secured card with my bank next week and have an acct with Fingerhut with a $230.00 limit but really don't want to use FH bc all of their merchandise is jacked up like 60% more which is outrageous.

As of 7-24-15

EQ 575, TU 593, EX 628

Message 14 of 15
onstar
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous if you have a CL of $1k you know you can charge that, but lets say you try to buy something for 1.6k it will either go through or it won't, if it goes through then 1.6k is your new CL.  rinse and repeat.. That is how you get 4-5k CL with paypal credit that are hidden.  @3k myself started out at 1k I believe 4 months ago approx?

Yup. Here is the exact wording from paypal when you click on the [?] next to Available Credit:

"Available credit

This is the amount you have left to spend

Need a little extra? Good news. When you check out with PayPal Credit, if you don't have enough available credit to cover your purchase, your account is instantly reviewed to see if you qualify for an increase. And if it can't be done, we'll let you know why.

Either way, it won't affect your credit report and there are no fees or penalties for trying."

Also, my available credit is some funky odd number, not a round number. I guess this is the most that I ever owed PayPal Credit at one point in the past.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.