cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier, but i want Platinum. Should i apply for Platinum?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier, but i want Platinum. Should i apply for Platinum?

What the title says.  The Amex pre qual site says im pre-qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier.  But i plan on doing quite a bit of traveling soon and based on that i would really prefer Platinum.  Should i try for Platinum anyway?  If i do apply for Platinum and get denied, will they do a second hard pull when i apply for Gold Premier?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier, but i want Platinum. Should i apply for Platinum?

@Anonymous wrote:

What the title says.  The Amex pre qual site says im pre-qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier.  But i plan on doing quite a bit of traveling soon and based on that i would really prefer Platinum.  Should i try for Platinum anyway?  If i do apply for Platinum and get denied, will they do a second hard pull when i apply for Gold Premier?

Go ahead and apply for the Platinum.  The underwriting criteria is the same as for the PRG.

Message 2 of 3
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Qual'ed for Amex Gold and Gold Premier, but i want Platinum. Should i apply for Platinum?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Go ahead and apply for the Platinum.  The underwriting criteria is the same as for the PRG.

+1 Only difference is AF

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.