Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AMEX, AU and Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about AMEX, AU and Experian

i was an AU on an old closed Amex Gold Rewards Card, i backdoored experian, and the account has been removed. i dont know if it affects my credit score. the account was in good standing when closed, and was closed in 2005

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me this week.  Went in Back Door in EX to check my report and Amex was gone.  I'm listed as AU on DH's account.  My score hit over 700 for the first time.  It was still reporting at about a 72% UT, so I'm sure the fact that it disappeared did help.  But also, DH just paid down the card to about 5% UT, and TU and EQ are reporting that.  So either way, if it comes "back," it should help.

DH called Amex to see if something "funny" was going on with the account ... they told him I was still an AU and next time they update to CRA's it should show again.

Another odd thing ... it just took about 2 months for Amex to report this last cycle, so even though DH paid the card nearly in full, it didn't reflect it for quite some time.

Message 12 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was auth on my dads account and they did periodical "account reviews" on my credit not his!

It's been a dissaster as amex says this is not possible. he has taken CLD because of the mistake. im not longer on any of his personal accounts and they still hit my credit every 1-3 months (softs) but have never hit his!

Message 13 of 14
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Experian must have a had glitch this week.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.