Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Overstock M/C

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Question about Overstock M/C

I have had my Overstock Master Card for over a year and have never been late ever!!!! I was on vacation and just got back tonight about 2am from Florida. I logged on and saw that My Overstock Mastercard was due on the 20th.......I went ahead and made a payment from Checking at about 2:20am......Do you think my interest rate will go up because of this??? I will probably get charged a late fee. Does anyone know how good FNBO is about giving a one time courtesy credit for a late fee (If given....still don't know if I will be given one yet)?

I have 43 accounts, and this is the very first time I have ever been late!!!!! I don't want to ruin all of my hard work on my credit just because of vacation.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Overstock M/C

For starters, your credit won't be ruined because you're one day late on your credit card payment. You need to be 30 days late or more to have a derogatory mark on your score/report. Second, you have to be in default by 30 days or more in order for the penalty rate to apply to your card due to the CARD Act. 

You should just pay your late fee, move on, and not stress out about it. 

This board is literally clutered with people stressing over nothing. 

Message 2 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For starters, your credit won't be ruined because you're one day late on your credit card payment. You need to be 30 days late or more to have a derogatory mark on your score/report. Second, you have to be in default by 30 days or more in order for the penalty rate to apply to your card due to the CARD Act. 

You should just pay your late fee, move on, and not stress out about it. 

This board is literally clutered with people stressing over nothing. 

Thank you mountaindewvoltage! This makes me feel much better! I didn't care about having to pay the late fee, I just was worried about getting a penalty rate! I usually pay really early, but being on vacation, it slipped my mind.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

Message 4 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No problem, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. 

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.