Established Member
rtonkins

Re-aging question

Does anyone know if Sears, Radio Shack, or pier one will reopen closed accounts and re-age them?  I have a few closed from late 90's and early 2000's that I would love to have back into my AAoA.

Furthermore, I have a chase card that they closed on me through the credit drawdown with one 30 day late in 6 years.  Anyone had luck reopening those accounts?

EQ: 763
TU: 747
Valued Contributor
MrShush

Re: Re-aging question

Radio Shack won't. I had one with a measly $200 limit that had gone unused for about 18 months so they closed it on me. I called to see if was possible for them to reopen it since it was only coded as closed for less than a month, they told me no that I'd have to reapply. The only reason why I wanted it open is because it was a hidden tradeline :smileymad:

Can't speak for the others, however.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Re-aging question

[ Edited ]

Just from what I've read here over the last three years, I've never known any bank that will do this. Even American Express wants you to open a new account, and then they apply the original year to it. That's close, but it's not reopening an old closed account. And AmEx is the only bank I know of that will apply that earlier date.

Some banks will allow you to re-open an account that has only been closed for up to a month or so. But many won't even do that.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+