Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for barclay CLI denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reason for barclay CLI denial

I got the letter for my denial when I went my CLI spree.
Barclay said they were unable to grant the request due to "high amount of credit available from other accounts". Then on the back they lists what's adversely affecting my credit score which I know. But what does their denial reason mean? I don't have any other accounts with them.....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reason for barclay CLI denial

It's probably about your total amount of available credit with all lenders (or "exposure"). Higher exposure means higher risk for the lender. Barlcays tends to dislike people that have lots of available credit with other lenders, and for your specific profile, they have determined that you have too much. Sorry to hear.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh okay. Good to know. That's a very interesting denial because I don't have a lot of credit available to me compared to others, barely $9K. Oh well. Thank you for the explanation.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it may be the available credit in comparison with your scores, which are a bit low. Sorry to hear about the denial. Once your scores come up a bit I am sure they will have a different answer! Try again in 4-6 months. Keep up the good work with your credit and keep trying! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.