Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae MC - Possibly one of the best cards

tag
tatterz
New Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae MC - Possibly one of the best cards

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@winner88 wrote:

Lol sorry didnt read the whole thread.. congratulations on the approval! I am surprised thou you only got a 1400 limit and recon failed.  I did a recon on 1500 limit and was bumped to 2500

That's okay, winner. And congrats to you on the nice recon.

It was definitely too much recent credit that did me in. So I'll be spending LOTS of time in the garden soon.

Thanks all for the good wishes. And Tinuviel, thanks for letting me back in your lovely garden.

I really hope I can get approved. I have 5 recent HP from a car loan (I know it counts as one, but still) and then 2 HP from my BCE and Freedom. These were all in the last 3 months. Score is in sig, what do you think my chances are?? I really want this card and but don't want my inq to mess up my chance!

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 51 of 76
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@tatterz wrote:

I really hope I can get approved. I have 5 recent HP from a car loan (I know it counts as one, but still) and then 2 HP from my BCE and Freedom. These were all in the last 3 months. Score is in sig, what do you think my chances are?? I really want this card and but don't want my inq to mess up my chance!

Well, now that I'm a great expert on the Sallie Mae card Smiley Wink, having heard of it only yesterday thanks to you and having had it a total of two hours ... I don't know.

Before apping, I checked the credit pulls database at The Site That Is Not to Be Named, which you might want to do if you haven't already. There weren't a lot of people reporting apping for this card, but it looked as if the score standards for it were fairly high. OTOH, the one good review I saw of it said it was one of the very few cards actually aiming at the lower-middle market (hey, that's me!). And given the Sallie Mae connection, it seems aimed right at young people with student loan debt (not me!) and therefore not necessarily with long credit histories.

How many inquiries do you have specifically on TU? How many on Eq? They seem to pull those two exclusively from that the database said.

Message 52 of 76
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

How is your utilization?  If it is low, I think you would have a good chance at this.  Barclays is good on recons, so if you don't get an instant approval, you can call the back door number and explain how five of your inquiries were from car shopping. When I got my USAir card, they pulled TU for me.  If you go for it, let us know how it goes.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 53 of 76
tatterz
New Contributor

Damn. Denied Smiley Sad

I'm sure its from the 5 INQ from December when the car leadership shopped around. I honestly thought I wouldn't have any issue with this since I got into AMEX and Chase extremely easy. Well, backdoor number on Monday I suppose.

Message 54 of 76
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@tatterz wrote:

Damn. Denied Smiley Sad

I'm sure its from the 5 INQ from December when the car leadership shopped around. I honestly thought I wouldn't have any issue with this since I got into AMEX and Chase extremely easy. Well, backdoor number on Monday I suppose.

From my experience and other threads on the boards Barclay seems to be fairly easy to deal with regarding recon.  Please update the thread one way or another.  

eidt:

I've had a tab open for the app on this card since you made the thread lulz.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 55 of 76
tatterz
New Contributor

Woooooo. Recon was a success. I didn't even have to try. She just said I've been paying my capital one and car payments well. I've actually paid off my car and gotten bce and freedom in Feb and she didn't mention that so I guess she didn't see it? I are excite!
Message 56 of 76
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@tatterz wrote:
Woooooo. Recon was a success. I didn't even have to try. She just said I've been paying my capital one and car payments well. I've actually paid off my car and gotten bce and freedom in Feb and she didn't mention that so I guess she didn't see it? I are excite!

Smiley Happy

Call and ask for your CL theywill give it to you.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 57 of 76
rustystick
New Contributor

got 10 day message -_- 715CK 705EQ (discover pull) and 715EX FAK

CSP 10k 0 Discover It 7.8k AmazonVisa 3k Freedom 1500 US Bank Cash Rewards 1500 BofA123 3300 SallieMae 3800
Message 58 of 76
tatterz
New Contributor

They told me my limit was $1k. I'm okay with that since I pay in full, I just want the card x). For any larger purchases, i can use my Bce when I get my 3x cli. I'm just glad to be approved and to be getting the card next week =D
Message 59 of 76
coolbrad
Valued Member

I really want this card badly but I'm not sure if I should try or not.

Message 60 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.